Battlefield 3 Armored Kill Trailer

this seems kind of interesting....nice wide open maps with armor. I always liked maps that were more geared towards vehicles and not so much on INF and close quarters.

Great, more helicopters added... more chances for other players to tell me "don't ever fly again". Bastards! :D

Looks cool but I barely play BF3 anyway, and this DLC isn't going to be free...

I hate the Premium shit they are forcing down everyone's throat. Wish you could just get the expansions separately.

It looks cool, but there is one reason why I think this could potentially flop, and that is the assholes who just take a plane/tank/jeep/whatever solo and leave everyone else at the spawn point. In the normal maps you can just go infantry, but in these it looks like they are so massive/sparse that going infantry would suck balls.

you can get the expansions separately (what i'm doing), just can't join your friends on premium servers (so i rarely even play BF3 anymore).

They really need to give a reason to play the game, I played for about 2 weeks after I got it. Yay I level up to get new weapons that aren't much different...

friends are not always playing on premium only servers and I'll usually join then. have no problem paying for DLC, it's the premium BS I dislike.

They really need to give a reason to play the game, I played for about 2 weeks after I got it. Yay I level up to get new weapons that aren't much different...

I believe the whole REASON to play games is.....to have fun...what other reason should there be?

Looks fun. I've been getting more into vehicle play (mostly ground vehicles, I'm a mediocre pilot, I can fly jets well but am not effective at taking out targets).

Re: people griefing/vehicle stealing, play on a good server with active admins who kick bad people, or at least where the competition is high enough it discourages horrible people from playing. NCIX #3 is where I play (Seattle based server, vanilla BF3 64 player conquest).

you can get the expansions separately (what i'm doing), just can't join your friends on premium servers (so i rarely even play BF3 anymore).

Well if you're getting all the DLC's at one point, you might as well get the premium since it's going to be about the same in the end. I think i paid $42 at Greenmangaming.com and I've seen it go for less.

Trailer looks great, just wished they didn't "Balance" all the vehicles and rockets. It was around that time when i stopped playing BF3 as much. Being in a tank and getting 1-shotted by a LAV got old real quick....

I liked the trailer but don't understand why they included that battlefield 4 bit at the end . " Get access to a beta for our upcoming game before we even finish up this one "

I loved BF3 but there are so few populated servers in the USA. Europe has much better variety of populated servers; I would have probably bought the premium stuff but won't if there is no one to play with.

A very common problem with these online games; great graphics but without players is a pointless endeavor.

Looks cool but I barely play BF3 anyway, and this DLC isn't going to be free...

ya, I am looking the the little asterix footnote for the DLC price. I wonder when EA will just start selling the proprieatary computer systems for playing their games :rolleyes:

50 bucks for DLC for an FPS game. LOL, no.

For four DLC packs, five if you didn't pre order with the back to karkand one included. Nice try, but you failed.

Still love playing bf3, paid 37.50 for premium and it's a bargain.

Well if you're getting all the DLC's at one point, you might as well get the premium since it's going to be about the same in the end. I think i paid $42 at Greenmangaming.com and I've seen it go for less.

Trailer looks great, just wished they didn't "Balance" all the vehicles and rockets. It was around that time when i stopped playing BF3 as much. Being in a tank and getting 1-shotted by a LAV got old real quick....

It was $37 at one point on GMG.

But this does look promising. I really like the scale the maps bring. It seems like it'll have some fun woodland areas to play in and not just deserts.

I haven't played since they did the "paper tank" thing. But who knows, maybe this will bring me back. Maybe they fix it with this release?

Just like BF3, it LOOKS good. Watching fighter jets flying at 25mph towards a gunship moving at 10mph just reminded of how they ruined just about everything that was good about BF2 in one sequel.

Just like BF3, it LOOKS good. Watching fighter jets flying at 25mph towards a gunship moving at 10mph just reminded of how they ruined just about everything that was good about BF2 in one sequel.

Oh come on now, they were at least doing 60. ;)

Haha, I just heard that the AC130 is going to have auto-pilot only, and only two passenger seats for the two canons. I am almost surprised, but its the new DICE, where everything seems appealing on the surface, but is a jumbled mess of quick development and compromises.

Hate to say it but this is going to be a Javelin/SOFLAM users' dream.

50 bucks for DLC for an FPS game. LOL, no.

noooo..... it's 50 for 4 expansions and a few perks. a good value deal if you are gonna get them all. And if you want to find all the people...they are all on the new content :) but there is still plenty, like myself in the NA on the old :)

video looks pumped...i'm one of the types all jazzed up for full vehicle combat in the true BF style. They are catering to all styles of play. what's not to love about that?

Haha, I just heard that the AC130 is going to have auto-pilot only, and only two passenger seats for the two canons. I am almost surprised, but its the new DICE, where everything seems appealing on the surface, but is a jumbled mess of quick development and compromises.

Wrong. As far as the vehicle what do you want, them to let idiots pilot it into the ground or the wrong way to grief entire matches?? Maybe you were planning on it but most of us are glad you can't.

noooo..... it's 50 for 4 expansions and a few perks. a good value deal if you are gonna get them all. And if you want to find all the people...they are all on the new content :) but there is still plenty, like myself in the NA on the old :)

video looks pumped...i'm one of the types all jazzed up for full vehicle combat in the true BF style. They are catering to all styles of play. what's not to love about that?

This.

I'm still playin BF3 and I get a blast out of it every single game. Any one get desensitized to the explosions and chaos around them? Because I when I first played the game, I was all ohh and ahhh, now I'm like, meh.

Anyways, this trailer looks awesome and I will be there day 1. For those that bitch about BF4, this is a business. Sorry not everyone gets to be like Valve and even Valve ain't saints that everyone claims them to be. People bitched and set up petitions when they announced Left 4 Dead 2 would be released a year later and look what happened. If you don't like it, don't buy the expansions, no one's forcing you to. And please, if you don't have anything positive to say on it, let those of us that purchased the game have our fun and not try to spoil it for others.

Wrong. As far as the vehicle what do you want, them to let idiots pilot it into the ground or the wrong way to grief entire matches?? Maybe you were planning on it but most of us are glad you can't.

I remember the days playing BF1942 where some noob would always beach the destroyer in Omaha Beach, effectively grieving the entire match.

I loved the AC130 in the desert combat mod for BF1942, I wish dice would port some DC maps to BF3

This "DLC" was completed before the title even released.

They are going to charge you out the ass for the DLC or premium then completely drop support and start shoving BF4 down everyone's throats.

Fuck EA

This "DLC" was completed before the title even released.

They are going to charge you out the ass for the DLC or premium then completely drop support and start shoving BF4 down everyone's throats.

Fuck EA

.... no. P.S. BF4 isn't coming until late next year, several months after the *last* DLC is going to be arriving. Nice try.

.... no. P.S. BF4 isn't coming until late next year, several months after the *last* DLC is going to be arriving. Nice try.

So you are saying that my $60 purchase of BF3 then the subsequent $50 to buy premium nets me a total of...conservatively...2 years and 2 months of game play before the sequel is released and the player base completely disappears for BF3?

Seems like a fucking ripoff to me.

So you are saying that my $60 purchase of BF3 then the subsequent $50 to buy premium nets me a total of...conservatively...2 years and 2 months of game play before the sequel is released and the player base completely disappears for BF3?

Are you kidding me, $110 for over two years of entertainment? If you were play it once a day, every day it comes out to a little more then 14 cents a day...even if you cut that in half your paying 28 cents a day to play...where else can you get that kind of value in entertainment. Not to mention, thats just access...if you counted the hours played....the cost of entertainment would be even less. We pay almost $50 bucks to go to the movies and get three hours of entertainment....i'd say its a hell of a deal...

$110 for 2+ years of fun gaming?

You can spend that much going to the movies with the family...5x that much or more going to to Disney World for 1 day out of 730.

Seems like a fucking deal to me.

Not to mention the fact that ALL Battlefield games have been on ~2 year releases...I mean, what the fuck do you expect? For the game to be the only newer Battlefield game for the next decade? Either pay and play or keep the money in your wallet and don't. Doesn't affect me or anyone else here.

Are you kidding me, $110 for over two years of entertainment? If you were play it once a day, every day it comes out to a little more then 14 cents a day...even if you cut that in half your paying 28 cents a day to play...where else can you get that kind of value in entertainment. Not to mention, thats just access...if you counted the hours played....the cost of entertainment would be even less. We pay almost $50 bucks to go to the movies and get three hours of entertainment....i'd say its a hell of a deal...

More than just the face value though. The faster they pump these shit games out the lower the overall quality and content. Just look at the COD series.

If more time was spent on BF3 rather than just pumping and dumping when the next installment in the series released it would be greeted much more willingly.

EA talks about "devaluing intellectual property" as the main reason for not having sales like Steam, then they go and shit out games like a fucking assembly line in china.

Maybe if they weren't such a deadbeat dad and stuck around to support the community they wouldn't have won "worst company in America."

To each his own, EA can still suck a fat one in my book. Remember Dragonage 2? "the game EA force-released in ALPHA"

Back