YouTube Now Offers Face Blurring

HardOCP News

[H] News
YouTube has added a new face blurring feature that allows you to blurs faces in your videos automatically. It works well enough that it will even blur pictures, posters and hand drawn smiley faces. Check out the video.

Blurring faces on YouTube is simple. Once you’ve chosen the video that you’d like to edit within our Video Enhancements tool, go to Additional Features and click the “Apply” button below Blur All Faces. Before you publish, you will see a preview of what your video will look like with faces blurred. When you save the changes to your video, a new copy is created with the blurred faces. You will then be given the option to delete the original video.

Last edited:
Face blurring is the dumbest thing ever. I like how on street view half the screen is blurred out because everything that slightly resembles anything "personal" is blurred. Even my car's wheels are blurred out.

Nice. Allowing people who are filming content that would label them potential dissents the ability of anonymity physically is pretty cool. I realize most people won't find this very useful and it could also , equally, be used for harm but for people suffering at the hands of a horrible regime (Syria for instance) this will allow them a quick way to post content.

This sounds like it would be most useful to videos that aren't allowed to be posted to youtube, you know like the ones that use to get posted all the time when it was first popular. *whistles*

Funny, it blurs everything...check out the video I just posted, you could have a lot of fun with this. LOL!

Face blurring is the dumbest thing ever. I like how on street view half the screen is blurred out because everything that slightly resembles anything "personal" is blurred. Even my car's wheels are blurred out.

Maybe it's time to stop putting people's faces on your wheels.

I wonder if there's a super secret way for law enforcement to unblur faces so they can use stuff as evidence when someone posts a video of themselves doing something illegal.

Yes, now I can post videos of myself doing everything from beating up small children, stealing from old ladies, and sitting on the toilet and not feel embarassed.

The part where you look down with the camera and it blurs "something" out was kind of weird. haha.

I wonder if there's a super secret way for law enforcement to unblur faces so they can use stuff as evidence when someone posts a video of themselves doing something illegal.

I would be surprised if there wasn't some kind of secret decoder ring feature for law enforcement.

I would be surprised if there wasn't some kind of secret decoder ring feature for law enforcement.

their is a way but they wont tell you , law inforce cant waite till fools start posting crap thinking their safe ha ha . they can un swirl picture too .

did you know your printer print its i.d. number in picture . put it under a black light. digital finger prints.:D

Bet on:
How long before some stupid criminal of the day type post a picture of him doing something stupid/illegal and says, "Catch me now pigs. My face is blurred YEah Take that!"

Before they realize youtube has the original unblurred version stored in archives.

their is a way but they wont tell you , law inforce cant waite till fools start posting crap thinking their safe ha ha . they can un swirl picture too .

did you know your printer print its i.d. number in picture . put it under a black light. digital finger prints.:D

Yep. Particularly for color laser printers. The general idea of the "ID Dots" was to track down people who tried to photocopy money and pass it as the real thing.

The Feds would decode the dots, go to the original manufacturer of the printer, and see who the printer was sold to.

In Maryland, the MD police cars now have cameras on their patrol cars that SCAN EVERY LICENSE PLATE that passes their cruisers. It stores where you are and when. (This is in addition to them recording what toll booths you pass through and when)

It's becoming 1984. It's a scary world when we have to live in fear of those "protecting us". :-(

The ten most dangerous words in the English language are “Hi, I’m from the government, and I’m here to help.” -President Ronald Reagan

I think the new network extended codes for printers also print a hidden IP address if the printer is connected to a network somehow.

This is GOOGLE, who in their right mind would trust google with private information?

Their entire business model is to sell information to the highest bidder. I bet you these can quickly be "unblurred" using their reverse algorithm at the drop of a hat.

Back