$30k Display of the Day

$30k and their edge-blending on the projectors doesn't even look that good. I've been thinking of building a hardware edge-blending solution with some Silicon Image Rx/Tx chips and a Xilinx Artix FPGA. It would blow whatever they're using out of the water. Hell even nthusim or Warpalizer looks better than theirs.

No way thats worht $30k, its just 3 projectors, and the colors between them don't even match...

I hate the fish eye effect.

Blame the 3D engine not the widescreen. I'd love it if the companies that actually code the engines would have an option to render it for curved surfaces (or even just for angled side monitors like i-racing does).

The fish-eye effect is there on your 16:9 monitor too ya know ...

Blame the 3D engine not the widescreen. I'd love it if the companies that actually code the engines would have an option to render it for curved surfaces (or even just for angled side monitors like i-racing does).

The fish-eye effect is there on your 16:9 monitor too ya know ...

Well, whatever that game is, I haven't played it.

Just wanted to point out the obvious - maybe they should have chosen a different game to play then.

$30k and their edge-blending on the projectors doesn't even look that good. I've been thinking of building a hardware edge-blending solution with some Silicon Image Rx/Tx chips and a Xilinx Artix FPGA. It would blow whatever they're using out of the water. Hell even nthusim or Warpalizer looks better than theirs.

No shit right? My edgeblending was miles better when I built a 12'x4' dual 1080p projector setup a few years ago....and that setup cost me a little over two grand to make.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApfvK9f9eMI&feature=channel&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-LNm60np9U

I have tried every kind of consumer display option and so far nothing beats portrait 120hz panels with super slim bezels. No edgeblending software headaches, phenomonal vertical resolution and lessor heat generation just pisses all over multi-projector solutions:

Here is my 3x1 at 3240x1920 @120hz
bf32.jpg

bf34.jpg

I tried 5x1 with some smaller monitors on the side and it was awesome...Im ordering two more similar size panels now to complete my 5x1 setup
5x1jiggle.jpg

funkyfive2.jpg

Hey l88bastard,

Yeah, I'm liking my 3 1280x800 @120Hz landscape projector setup right now. I just have them butted up to each other so no bezels at all. Triple 120Hz panels in portrait would be pretty good too I'm sure.

@l88bastard

That 3 monitor setup is pretty slick. Eyefinity? What monitors are those?

am i the only one that wont go into multi display?

I am still waiting for quad hd monitors to come out. and most likely i will get a bigger size monitor with 4k res.

$30,000 screen with a $30 cockpit.
My thoughts exactly. If you are going to show off a product with that huge of a price tag, you might as well use high quality gear. Something a little better than a $10 speaker set will go a long way to adding to the immersion factor and actually selling that overpriced POS.

For 30k it better come with the sound system, computer, chair, copy of the game and, frosty beverage of your choice in addition to the monitor.

Anyone gaming on one of those Vizio ultra-wide monitors? I think that would be fun.

Back