The Six Strikes Plan Implementation Delayed Until Fall

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The six strike plan is a move to appease government agencies and Hollywood interests (RIAA/MPAA) forcing the major ISPs to restrict or deny service to habitual offenders. The plan was set to take effect this month, but some opposition has raised the possibility of a compromise agreement rolling out sometime in the fall.

But the news of some internal fighting hopefully means that the ISPs are asserting themselves a bit more strongly against excessive RIAA/MPAA demands.

Translation: Let's get through this election year, and THEN we'll go ahead let you roll this crap out.

This sounds like a good way for lawyers to get themselves hurt.

Imagine 35 year old basement dweller who NEVER goes outside. He has just been banned from the only broadband ISP in town. He can no longer feed his 20-hour-a-day WoW or Eve Online addiction. The law firm that sent all 6 of the complaints is only an hour's drive away.....

There are people out there (that we never meet, except online) that, to some degree, lack self-control.

Like an internet-addicted Ted Kaczynski...

When I was downloading 20gigs for the latest world of warcraft beta. I was wondering would I got a strike cause they think I was downloading a movie. When this stuff goes live gotta wonder how many false positives will go out.

When I was downloading 20gigs for the latest world of warcraft beta. I was wondering would I got a strike cause they think I was downloading a movie. When this stuff goes live gotta wonder how many false positives will go out.

I worder the same thing. Also will they look trough encryption to spot what is being downlaoded. Will they base off of patterns or actuall data.

The MPAA/RIAA needs Obama to get re-elected, so they are willing to delay it.

This sounds like a good way for lawyers to get themselves hurt.

Imagine 35 year old basement dweller who NEVER goes outside. He has just been banned from the only broadband ISP in town. He can no longer feed his 20-hour-a-day WoW or Eve Online addiction. The law firm that sent all 6 of the complaints is only an hour's drive away.....

There are people out there (that we never meet, except online) that, to some degree, lack self-control.

Like an internet-addicted Ted Kaczynski...

Reminds me of the movie "Rampage".

The MPAA/RIAA needs Obama to get re-elected, so they are willing to delay it.

Come on now, you're forgetting things.

Southern Drought... Obama's fault!
Chinese made USA Olympic uniforms... Obama!
Freddy Mercury.... Obama!
Solar Flares.... Obama!

Come on now, you're forgetting things.

Southern Drought... Obama's fault!
Chinese made USA Olympic uniforms... Obama!
Freddy Mercury.... Obama!
Solar Flares.... Obama!

Damn, it's too bad this isn't Soapbox...

I thought there was this whole thing of "innocent until proven guilty"? Oh that's right...that only applies if you have the money to line politicians pockets.

Back