NVIDIA Developer Zone Hacked

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this bulletin posted on the NVIDIA Developer Zone website, "unauthorized third parties" may have gained access to the site. The site has suspended operations and is asking that you change your passwords. Thanks to Todd Budzinski for the heads up.

NVIDIA suspended operations today of the NVIDIA Developer Zone (developer.nvidia.com). We did this in response to attacks on the site by unauthorized third parties who may have gained access to hashed passwords. We are investigating this matter and working around the clock to ensure that secure operations can be restored. As a precautionary measure, we strongly recommend that you change any identical passwords that you may be using elsewhere.

In the news lately: Every forum ever, hacked.

Moral of the story: Don't use common passwords. This is why I love LastPass.

In the news lately: Every forum ever, hacked.

Moral of the story: Don't use common passwords. This is why I love LastPass.

I wonder is [H] ever got hacked? Is it even hackable? Must not be since it's [H]ard!

I wonder is [H] ever got hacked? Is it even hackable? Must not be since it's [H]ard!

It got hacked not too long after I joined, although they got rid of the issue pretty quickly.

Your data is safer on your computer than on a server these days with monthly breaches happening.

Why is it so difficult for these giant mega-companies to spend some money and secure their damn assets? And I get paid shit to secure applications and servers at my job, but I do a fine job of it.

Why is it so difficult for these giant mega-companies to spend some money and secure their damn assets? And I get paid shit to secure applications and servers at my job, but I do a fine job of it.

That costs real money. Can't diminish our profit margins (short term gains) now. We got investers that are depending on us.

Back