'Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn' Trailer Premieres at Comic-Con

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today at San Diego Comic-Con International, the world’s largest pop culture convention, 343 Industries and Microsoft Corp. unveiled the official trailer for “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn,” the landmark live-action digital series based on the best-selling Xbox franchise. The series will be initially distributed worldwide by Machinima, debuting on its new channel, Machinima Prime, as well as on Halo Waypoint, on Oct. 5, 2012. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will unfold through a series of five episodes, setting the stage for the worldwide launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6.

Looked somewhat tolerable until the whole master chief terminator moment, was waiting for him to shout "come with me if you want to live".

Love the Halo franchise but this has more cheese than a stuffed crust deep dish.

If it was anything like the game it would just be some generic personality free guys running down a repeating corridor autoaiming at boring looking aliens...

Loved Halo 1-3... bungie did excellent work, but isn't this being developed by someone else now?

Also I don't have a Xbox anymore... my third one took a dump on me the day before MW2 came out and I switched to PS3. Wish they would release Halo 3 and this one on PC.

I've never heard of this until now. I can't knock this for not making sense, because nothing with Halo 4 does. I will watch this, don't however expect me to buy the game without heavy pressure from my friends.

And again, they changed Master Chief's voice.

For a character that is only humanized by his voice, this is a pretty critical thing to change.

Looks like it was filmed in BC. Seems like every Sci-Fi uses Simon Fraser University now for a futuristic look.

I guess, but it was just stupid watching everyone running around explosions with no real sense that anything was actually chasing/attacking them.

I guess, but it was just stupid watching everyone running around explosions with no real sense that anything was actually chasing/attacking them.

I was able to get the sense that something was chasing them. But it's a trailer and they typically don't show the creepy monster till you actually watch it.

If it was anything like the game it would just be some generic personality free guys running down a repeating corridor autoaiming at boring looking aliens...

With arrows on the floor so nobody gets lost.

Halo's multiplayer was ok when the lag was tolerable, but I never understood what got people so excited about endless corridors on a Niven ring.

Graphics are a lot better. Oh wait, it's live action, what the fuck was the point?

I despise the entire Halo series, but I have to say they always have some really kick ass live action trailers.

Hit post too soon. I'll also point out that it's nice to see another game maker do their own films instead of having hollywood butcher it (although they tried). The Ubisoft Ghost Recon short film and the Metro First LIght short film also showed that it can work if they retain control over creative direction.

If only Capcom would give us an actual RE movie, sans super-woman.

Back