Patriot Launches New Exclusive Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition Memory

HardOCP News

[H] News
Patriot Memory, a global pioneer in high-performance memory, NAND flash, storage and enthusiast computer products today announces the launch of the new Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition DDR3 Memory. Built exclusively for gamers, the Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition will provide the rock solid performance and stability needed for today’s most extreme gaming systems.

Designed specifically to take full advantage of the performance capabilities of the newest 2nd and 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor family, the Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition is fully certified for Intel® XMP 1.3 delivering frequencies of 1600MHz, 1866MHz, and 2133MHz*. Featuring the same great custom high performance heat shield as the Viper III, the Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition will provide superior thermal protection when used during long and demanding gaming sessions. The new Intel® Extreme Masters Limited Edition modules will be available in dual and quad-channel kits and offered in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB capacities.

Same speeds as any other memory and no mention of latency. Was there more to the press release? The link only goes to their home page and I can't find it.

This probably means, Extreme Masters = Extreme Price, for more or less the same quality memory as other manufacturers.

It's 1.5 volt.

It's funny that patriot are making the Amd branded Ram as well. They got both sides covered.

Patriot updated their website to list these things, which look oddly like a more industrial version of the blue Corsair Vengeance sticks...and, yeah, I'd love to know what kind of limited-edition markup they're trying to get away with with 'em.

Too bad it's Patriot. They, single handedly, make the most flaky and unreliable garbage out there. For what you pay and what they promise, you're shafted at both ends.

FINALLLY we're moving back to black PCB's again. I'm tired of all of these green pcb's.

Too bad it's Patriot. They, single handedly, make the most flaky and unreliable garbage out there. For what you pay and what they promise, you're shafted at both ends.

lolwut?

Patriot has always been amazing for me. Inexpensive, VERY overclockable, and their XMP profiles actually work.

My dominator GT set has been nothing but headaches - they don't work at their specified speed, xmp is broken, and they were almost twice as much as my patriots. Hell, the only reason i've kept them is because my girlfriend bought me the Corsair Airflow Pro lightshow thingie, and i'd feel bad if i stopped using a sweet gift. That, and they have no resale value. So i'm in a lose/lose situation.

Last edited:
Example of how Patriot cuts corners:

USB Thumbdrive. XT Rage 16GB. Bought it to be a boot drive for my Netbook for running Ubuntu. Needed something with faster read and write speeds and it fit the bill.

Managed to install Ubuntu to it and reboot once. After applying updates, rebooted again... and the entire machine refused to boot. Couldn't even get the BIOS screen.

Pulled everything one at a time. It was the Patriot thumbdrive. Tried it in another machine, same exact situation: It prevented the BIOS from booting up.

Complained about this to Patriot and their response was "I'm sorry you're having trouble with that thumbdrive, but booting from them is an unsupported feature."

The thumbdrive's packaging had the USB logo on it. Booting from it is *REQUIRED* as part of the USB spec if you have that logo on your product.

Went to forums that have threads where they test USB sticks for various reasons (one is a Dockstar forum because when hacking a Dockstar, you can only boot from USB unless you do a tiny distro)... Patriot is consistently the ONE brand that fails for everyone. Cold AND warm booting problems.

This isn't just a single anecdote, but a constant pattern.

I ended up with a freebie AMD branded thumbdrive. Later found out it was Patriot's. Yep. Same issue. Got another model (one of the silver models) as a Christmas gift. Yep. Same issue. Problems with compatibility in motherboards despite matching required specs? Yep. I completely swore Patriot off when they told me the RAM I bought on sale was fine and that it's my motherboard that needs replacing. Bought GSkill and the system's been running fine since.

Patriot is a shitty company.

Back