60% Of Mobile Patent Lawsuits Involve Apple

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure how Apple's faithful following will explain this away, but the numbers don't lie. :eek:

While dozens of companies have been involved in litigation, Apple has been at the center of about 60 percent of the major mobile cases, according to Kanzatec IP Group, an intellectual-property consulting firm.

Apple owns very few patents of their own, relatively, but they tend to use others anyway. That's probably why. :p

Someone made a comment about how Steve does post a lot of apple hate, while I disregarded it as fanboy bullshit.. Seeing this made me laugh a bit.

A lot of it probably has to do with the fact it's a large company and they garner a lot of attention. I'm pretty sure he posts about Microsoft stuff all the time, but Microsoft doesn't ever make magical claims about being Mother Teresa like..

Hate towards a company that tries to patent tech before the iPhone came about is justified. Not sure what the deal is. They have forced Google into BS patent wars world wide.

Suprise suprise...

ANOTHER APPLE HATE THREAD! Haha j/k!

But no, really I expected the number to be higher.

I seem to always bitch about the hate AMD threads but Im usually one of the first to jump into a hate Apple thread. Oh well. Hypocrisy never felt so good! Apple SUCKS! If you cant beat 'em, sue 'em.

I'm pretty sure he posts about Microsoft stuff all the time, but Microsoft doesn't ever make magical claims about being Mother Teresa like..
there are at least two headlines today about Microsoft that not only impact a large portion of the user base here but have potential important ramifications for us, too, yet I haven't seen them posted today

there are at least two headlines today about Microsoft that not only impact a large portion of the user base here but have potential important ramifications for us, too, yet I haven't seen them posted today

Because all it will do is devolve into a deathprincess/dekoth/cube powered hate/flame thread about how Microsoft is telling them what to do with their computers. Then heatlesssum will come on and try to rationally debate the issue. He will lose, unfortunately. Then a couple of other users will have actually read the article and make a few comments inn between the hate train that started before them.

I would be curious to see how many of them were started with Steve around compared to Tim Cook.

Because all it will do is devolve into a deathprincess/dekoth/cube powered hate/flame thread about how Microsoft is telling them what to do with their computers. Then heatlesssum will come on and try to rationally debate the issue. He will lose, unfortunately. Then a couple of other users will have actually read the article and make a few comments inn between the hate train that started before them.

You forget the occasional whining on broken link, and the gratuitous mentioning of Steve and so forth...

Moving back on topic. This is a very exciting age for any lawyer, legal academics and so forth. Steve Jobs sealed his place in legal history by ushering unrestricted, total patent warfare!

Who's all stoked up about all the hot lawsuit actions?

You'll find the answer in the article itself.

“I would speculate that Apple will continue to be at the center of the litigation map of large mobile IT companies for as long as it maintains its dominant place in the market,” said Feisal Mosleh, a senior vice president at Kanzatec.

It was one thing to hate Apple when they just sold over-priced, crippled products to suckers. But, now they're hurting everyone by being huge patent troll over trivial and unoriginal patents.

l.jpg

While this diagram is likely inconclusive, it does show Apple is more often the target than the attacker. From Apple's perspective, I see 5 outgoing "attacks" and 9 incoming "attacks".

The WORST part of this is no one (the companies in the chart) is really making any money on top they are losing it, just to think they might be able to make some more in the end.

That about sums up what Apple really is.

Nothing but a bunch of thieves who has been stealing from andriod for years then calling it their own.

Fuck Apple and Apple how about dez nuts on ya chin you pack of thieves. Lets add thug ganster to the core.

F Apple

While this diagram is likely inconclusive, it does show Apple is more often the target than the attacker. From Apple's perspective, I see 5 outgoing "attacks" and 9 incoming "attacks".

Also, Apple has only sued companies that also sued them. But don't bring logic into this, people would rather be ignorant.

Nothing but a bunch of thieves who has been stealing from andriod for years then calling it their own.

Fuck Apple and Apple how about dez nuts on ya chin you pack of thieves. Lets add thug ganster to the core.

F Apple

Hi. This is what google's phone looked like before the iPhone was released.

android_iphone.jpg

F Apple

Some serious smoking of outlawed substances going on here. In the world I live in, Android phones didn't come out until after the iphone (by over a year). So who ripped off who?

It shows that Apple has been ripping of ideas from other peoples’ products more than anybody else. Plus it also shows that Apple has been taking out more patent cases than any other individual.

It shows that Apple has been ripping of ideas from other peoples’ products more than anybody else. Plus it also shows that Apple has been taking out more patent cases than any other individual.

Last time I checked, lawyers always went after the person/company with the most money. That is ALL this chart shows.

Hi. This is what google's phone looked like before the iPhone was released.

android_iphone.jpg

Hi. This is what the LG Prada looked like before the iPhone was announced.

iphone-vs-prada-pt2.jpg

Also. Multitouch and capactitive.

Oh! It even had a silver band around the body before the first iPhone even came out, too!

lg-prada-e.jpg

Hi. This is what the LG Prada looked like before the iPhone was announced.

iphone-vs-prada-pt2.jpg

Also. Multitouch and capactitive.

Oh! It even had a silver band around the body before the first iPhone even came out, too!

lg-prada-e.jpg

So you are saying that both Google and Apple ripped off the LG Prada?

Some serious smoking of outlawed substances going on here. In the world I live in, Android phones didn't come out until after the iphone (by over a year). So who ripped off who?

Prototypes of android phones were around before the iPhone's official release though IIRC.

F Apple

Don’t forget to add then new Trademark infringement case against [H]ardOCP to the diagram.:eek:

The issue really isn't Apple, well it's not in the sense that people will do what they are allowed to do. Companies are the same.

The issue is software patents and poor management of the patent system combined with the cut-throat nature of an emerging and obviously lucrative market. It's almost like a mob war over turf. Except this mob war seems to be run by children, "well he sues first with something stupid" etc etc

Every company seems to be getting "dirty" in this war. FRAND licensing abuses, wholesale ban attempts around the world, some based on a small rectangular shape with black border (in small devices without the real-estate to differentiate like cars etc).

Some of Apple suits I can see. The icon and general appearance suits against samsung is one that warranted court time.

The Galaxy, rectangle black border, curved corners did not imo.

Slide to unlock, debatable but all the other "gestures" that apple has patented is like patenting the steering wheel or the stick shifter)

Software patents imo should ONLY be limited to actual specific technology, like render methods, processing types, compression algorithms etc. Leave the UI/design crap in the blatant knock off arena and out of patents. Making something pretty and hip is not a deserving of a patent.

Virtually EVERY other market out there behaves EXACTLY like the iOS/Android design war. One company comes out with feature/look A, all the others follow suit without this seemingly patent war (would be interesting to see the numbers though from other industries). Vehicle back up cameras, obstacle detection etc etc etc.

The issue really isn't Apple, well it's not in the sense that people will do what they are allowed to do. Companies are the same.

The issue is software patents and poor management of the patent system combined with the cut-throat nature of an emerging and obviously lucrative market. It's almost like a mob war over turf. Except this mob war seems to be run by children, "well he sues first with something stupid" etc etc

Every company seems to be getting "dirty" in this war. FRAND licensing abuses, wholesale ban attempts around the world, some based on a small rectangular shape with black border (in small devices without the real-estate to differentiate like cars etc).

Some of Apple suits I can see. The icon and general appearance suits against samsung is one that warranted court time.

The Galaxy, rectangle black border, curved corners did not imo.

Slide to unlock, debatable but all the other "gestures" that apple has patented is like patenting the steering wheel or the stick shifter)

Software patents imo should ONLY be limited to actual specific technology, like render methods, processing types, compression algorithms etc. Leave the UI/design crap in the blatant knock off arena and out of patents. Making something pretty and hip is not a deserving of a patent.

Virtually EVERY other market out there behaves EXACTLY like the iOS/Android design war. One company comes out with feature/look A, all the others follow suit without this seemingly patent war (would be interesting to see the numbers though from other industries). Vehicle back up cameras, obstacle detection etc etc etc.

Yes, it is nature. However, it is also the natural position that one inherits when they become the “The King of the Hill” or in the UK: “The King of the Castle”.
Playground Poem: “I am the King of the Castle. Get down you dirty rascal.”
It is also the way that Nazism and other dictatorial regimes evolved. Then there is critical mass theory, which caused Nazism to collapse.
Quote: “Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!” Now they know.

Yes, it is nature. However, it is also the natural position that one inherits when they become the “The King of the Hill” or in the UK: “The King of the Castle”.
Playground Poem: “I am the King of the Castle. Get down you dirty rascal.”
It is also the way that Nazism and other dictatorial regimes evolved. Then there is critical mass theory, which caused Nazism to collapse.
Quote: “Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!” Now they know.

Comparing Apple to the Nazis for a second time, this has certainly gone off the deep end.

It was one thing to hate Apple when they just sold over-priced, crippled products to suckers. But, now they're hurting everyone by being huge patent troll over trivial and unoriginal patents.

They're following Microsofts legacy.

Back