Judge Steps Away From Facebook Privacy Lawsuit

HardOCP News

[H] News
The judge presiding over the Facebook sponsored stories lawsuit has recused herself the day before the hearing on a proposed settlement. That's pretty damn weird, don't you think?

As part of a proposed settlement, Facebook agreed to allow users more control over how their personal information is used. The value to Facebook members resulting from the changes is about $103 million, in the opinion of one economist hired by the plaintiffs. However, the amount Facebook will actually pay to settle the case is just over $20 million, according to court documents filed last month.

Isn't Koh responsible for the Samsung tablet and the Galaxy Nexus infringement verdict? It really makes me wonder if there's more to all of this, as in Koh may have financial interests in all of this...

the judge was obviously bought by facebook, either way i don't care cause i don't use that crap

Might be because law enforcement and the judicial system rely on Facebook as one of many investigation tools and he didn't want to take part in eradicating it by giving users right to privacy.

Back