Formspring Hacked, Hundreds of Thousand Passwords Taken

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those of you that use Formspring will need to change your password the next time you visit the site.

Social networking site Formspring said Tuesday that it was disabling nearly 30 million registered users' passwords after hundreds of thousands of them were leaked to the Web. Formspring said in a blog post that the breach happened after someone hacked into one of the San Francisco-based company's servers, adding that some 420,000 encrypted passwords later showed up on an unnamed security forum.

Never heard of it.

Also, it's pretty funny that you can sign in using a Facebook account, haha.

Think of it as twitter, but for asking and answering questions.

I like the site kinda (as I do with twitter).

Sucks about the password leak :mad: stupid. You'd think with all this hacking that... oh I don't know... online sites would make their stuff more secure.

nahhhhh

This is the best advertising formspring can get. either way, they should be sued into oblivion for not protecting passwords like any other company that gets hacked. It's negligence. period.

This is the best advertising formspring can get. either way, they should be sued into oblivion for not protecting passwords like any other company that gets hacked. It's negligence. period.

they did protect the passwords... the article said they were encrypted.
servers get hacked into, it happens. they were smart enough to encrypt them and even smarter to notify the public right away and disable the current passwords.

imo they did everything right, unlike sony

Back