Dropbox Doubles Storage Capacity For Pro Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
I was just checking out Dropbox today and I noticed that the company has doubled storage capacity for Pro users but the price is staying the same. The free accounts remain unchanged.

Today we’re happy to announce that our upgrades are getting a huge upgrade! Dropbox Pro now comes in flavors of 100 and 200 GB, but at the price of the original 50 and 100 GB plans. For those of you who need even more space, a brand new 500 GB plan is also joining the posse! If you’re already a Dropbox Pro subscriber, just take a seat and enjoy the fireworks — your Dropbox will supersize itself automatically tonight.

Damn I only got 3GB and used 50% with wedding photos. Feelsbadman.jpg

Smart move. Dropbox will always stay competitive. It had first to market advantage.

I've got about 9GB on Dropbox from referrals and camera uploads from my iPhone. I still have my 25GB Skydrive account too for larger files, but I use Dropbox for work a lot.

Between skydrive and google drive I don't use dropbox anymore.

/shrug

yeah, I moved from dropbox pro 50 gb plan for like 10 bucks a month to Skydrive 75 GB (25 GB free) for $25 a year.

I started to try to use Google Drive, but it didn't like me running Eclipse out of it. Constant crashes, conflicts, and general weirdness. It seems to hate waiting for a file to come unused so it can update it, and it even named folders wrongly (even though it still uploaded to the right folder online :confused:)
Dropbox never gives me those problems, and I can keep my stuff synced across my various devices just as easily as GDrive, so I stopped trying. Now I just use GDrive for quick note making on my phone and for sharing coding reference stuff with a friend.
Pretty cool that they're doing this, though it doesn't effect my 3GB normal account. Too bad, maybe they'll up the base of a free account at some time? Not that I'm running out of room.

I have a decent chunk of space on my free account with plenty of potential to grow it more if I can honestly be assed to hunt down more referrals...

I think I'll probably just use Google Drive instead if I ever find myself seriously needing more storage. It's uh... half the price of that for the same storage? Plus Drive lets me swing 2.50 for 25gb without the straight jump to $10.

Got 25GB of Skydrive space that I haven't even begun to use yet (I just need to move my stuff off of Dropbox and onto Skydrive). If I need more space there's Google Drive with its 100GB for $5. REALLY hard to beat that.

However, has anyone compared Dropbox's terms of use to anyone else? I know I read an article a little bit ago comparing Skydrive's and Google Drive's, and Skydrive's terms were a little better. How does Dropbox's stack?

I've got about 9GB on Dropbox from referrals and camera uploads from my iPhone. I still have my 25GB Skydrive account too for larger files, but I use Dropbox for work a lot.

Ditto. If Dropbox ask you if you want to use another feature of it and you allow it, it'll reward you down the line with more space. I allowed iPhone photo sync and Dropbox thanked me by giving me an extra 4GB

Dropbox needs to lower their costs. I would like to see something like 35gb for $2.50 or $3 a month.

skydrive > * right now for free.
google drive is downright scary. avoiding.

Back