Free Windows Version Of Blu-ray Copy

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blu-ray Master is giving away its Blu-ray Copy program for Windows for free. I downloaded it and tried it out, not too bad for a free program, your mileage may vary. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in. :)

This Free Blu-ray Copy is professional and easy-to-use Blu-ray copying/cloning software. It can help users copy almost all Blu-ray disc/folder to Blu-ray disc or ISO files. This software allows users to copy full Blu-ray disc or just the main movie. This Blu-ray Copy can provide users with the best output Blu-ray video quality. And the user-friendly interface of this powerful software makes Blu-ray copying operations much simple. And this software is absolutely free.

I wonder if this is legal. I bet the MPAA will come after them. :mad:

But before they do, I should download this program. :cool:

Anyone else getting a warning from AVG not to download this? Maybe im jsut a fkin pssy for using AVG but fk i dont know..... Bluray copy is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer,,, its recommending I delete it......

Anyone else getting a warning from AVG not to download this? Maybe im jsut a fkin pssy for using AVG but fk i dont know..... Bluray copy is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer,,, its recommending I delete it......

Pussy.........

Anyways its surprising its only 11mb in size. I wonder how well it really works.

Time to find a cure for cinavia

Unless this program alters the audio, drm will still be present. Funny how I found out about this yesterday and its been on movies for like 2 years.

Steve, why do you have to post free software downloads to hardware I don't own?
And why did I just DL it? :confused:

Same thing with Norton.

stop using AVG, since it went down the tubes ages ago.....

Thanks Steve! That's totally awesome!

Since the BD format is slowly becoming a zombie, I doubt the MPAA will really care much about the fact that the program even exists.

Thanks Steve! That's totally awesome!

Since the BD format is slowly becoming a zombie, I doubt the MPAA will really care much about the fact that the program even exists.

say what now? as far as i know bluray is still the highest quality video you can buy... you can even get them from redbox for just a couple bucks right?

say what now? as far as i know bluray is still the highest quality video you can buy... you can even get them from redbox for just a couple bucks right?

Oh yes, it does have quality on it's side, but you have to mess around with some little plastic circle thing to watch a movie and, if you own the stuff, worry about storing it someplace and scratching it. It's a lot of extra misery for a minor increase in quality that doesn't become noticable unless you spend a few extra monies on a home theater setup. Furthermore, there's a lack of flexibility. If I own a BD, I can't very well play it on my optical diskless laptop or tablet while traveling or something.

Oh yes, it does have quality on it's side, but you have to mess around with some little plastic circle thing to watch a movie and, if you own the stuff, worry about storing it someplace and scratching it. It's a lot of extra misery for a minor increase in quality that doesn't become noticable unless you spend a few extra monies on a home theater setup. Furthermore, there's a lack of flexibility. If I own a BD, I can't very well play it on my optical diskless laptop or tablet while traveling or something.

While I really normally agree with you and find your posts pretty insightful, I'm afraid I need to strongly disagree on this one :).

It's not a minor increase in video quality at all, it's like looking at early 8-bit NES games vs. later Nintendo DS titles... night and day difference. Also the audio quality is way, way better. My setup for home theater is "only" about $1500-1700 which is on the low side for most (many pay that for a TV alone, let alone a projector setup like I have) and I can't stand watching normal DVD's anymore (I don't buy or use them, haven't for several years now), as well as barely ever watching SD programs through cable. My setup afforded me a 5.1 tower speaker setup of good quality, an Epson 8350 1080p LCD Projector, an 84" screen 16:9 1.1 gain matte white by EliteScreens (it could be bigger, but I don't have the space right now... all I'll need to do is grab a new screen once I can expand though!), a decent Onkyo receiver + subwoofer, and all the cabling, in that price, as well as a blu-ray player, bookshelf that acts as a stand for my projector, etc. Quality even during daytime is a non-issue with the bright Dynamic mode, and for darkroom viewing I can boost image quality with one of the lower-light modes at the touch of a button.

Streaming 25-50gb of video is impractical and unneeded when you can own a physical backup of the product complete with art and case for anywhere from $4-14 shipped of virtually every movie (even brand new releases) so long as you watch for a sale for a week with deal alerts on slickdeals or whatnot that go to your inbox.

I'm having trouble seeing how "storing" your movies is a huge deal... unless someone were to own thousands of them, and even then a small closet would hold them. It also couldn't be easier to play a Blu Ray disc: pop it into your player and enjoy the best quality you can get, other than 4K projector setups and their associated content.

Many Blu Ray titles come with free DVD copies in the same box. If the one you buy doesn't, you can simply transcode the main movie title on the disc easily to a portable file for your tablet or laptop. Since you won't really see the difference on those screens, you can downsize it to reasonable levels in a quick amount of time with any good modern PC. With programs available, it's dead-simple to do. Most laptops still have optical drives which can play DVD's, and many new laptops come with blu-ray drives that can just play the disc directly. Finally, many movies include a free digital copy or download if you desire (UltraViolet, Digital Copy disc, etc.). Between all of these options, you have plenty of flexibility.

One last note... even on a laptop, the difference between a DVD and a Blu Ray is quite noticeable, let alone even a normal 42-50" HDTV of any moderate quality. Some people don't care a lot about it, but many, if not most, do enjoy seeing things and hearing them in a better rendition.

One last note... even on a laptop, the difference between a DVD and a Blu Ray is quite noticeable, let alone even a normal 42-50" HDTV of any moderate quality. Some people don't care a lot about it, but many, if not most, do enjoy seeing things and hearing them in a better rendition.

It's okay to disagree. I sorta expect people to find that kind of comment a little outrageous at the moment and I also don't at all argue the point that there's not a lot of money spent in getting to the point where one can notice a difference in video and audio quality (which is why I said a little extra money and not a hugenormic money mountain). And yup, bandwidth to get identical quality isn't there yet.

What I hafta disagree with is storage of the media itself. If you keep the boxes the discs shipped in, you could quickly amass an entire shelf of media which would push aside that space for storage of collections of Ty Beanie Babies, plastic Angels, or leg warmers. HOW CAN YOU SACRIFICE SUCH A THING JUST FOR STUPID MOVIES?!

Hehe, yeah, the world will eventually be mostly discless, but I think we're quite a ways off from that yet. I don't save shipping boxes from anything I don't think I may eventually sell off, though. If one did, you'd probably have little trouble filling a warehouse however!

IE9 / Avast and I recieved a similar warning. Could be nothing but normally I get more of a yellow warning not a red one.

All this bickering about BluRay, does anyone have some feedback on the program itself?

All this bickering about BluRay, does anyone have some feedback on the program itself?

I'm wondering myself.....

Also wondering if it is infesting steve's computer as we chat about the virtues of disk vs no disk.

They only have ~15 likes (from what I can tell) on facebook. That is...... odd.

Steve hasn't answered cause he fell over backwards in his chair as he read all the people that downloaded it. :rolleyes:

Downloaded, and it scanned ok with both Microsoft and Malwarebytes.

However, I think I'll wait a few days before installing it just in case :)

Just by looking the website, it appears it copies blu-ray, but with protection intact, meaning you can't convert the video to another format.

Worthless to me.

Back