The New and Improved Furby Set to Return

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The iconic must-have toy from the late 90’s is making a triumphant return to store shelves in September. The new Furby has been updated and digitally enhanced, can interact with iOS and mobile apps, but still retains its Gremlin-like charm even though it is going through puberty. :D

For those having trouble with the famous Furby language, there's an app for that. The free Furby iOS app (available this month) offers up a translator that will listen to its speech and spit out its English equivalent.

I hated these things in 2000 and I'll hate them just the same now... Wicked, tricksey, false toyes... We hates the nasty furbyses!

2193551860058960102dgTdSE

My ex wanted one of those back in the day and they were so hard to get.
I happened to be in Beverly Hills for a week in late 1998 and the kaybee toy store in the mall happened to get a shipment in right before I got there and was able purchase one at retail price.

Wasn't there some urban myth about some politician get all crazy because the Furby was repeating "top secret" things he said or something...

Shit, I can just hear the begging by my 7 year old daughter now come Christmas time...

Still have one of the originals in a closet somewhere,think they looked better than these new ones. Kids loved it,but it confused the hell out of my dog.

Anyone else think they are king of creepy?

pup2I.jpg

Hmm I was young when these came out but I ignored them. But as a 20 something person...it seems kinda cool. Um ok that's weird to say buy the eye "expressions" make it seem a little more casual than creepy eye killer stare from the 90s. If I had kids, I think I'd buy them one or 2. As a grown man I can't buy it for myself. Lol. Maybe I can gift one to a future GF, ha!

<sigh> but they still can't install a half decent speaker in it, damn that was one anoying sound.

Hmmm. Wonder if these can be overclocked. Make 'em sound like Alvin & The Chipmunks. Oh, wait...

The new ones are pretty freaky, watch the video. The LCD eyes are very reactive. I like the one that looks all evil and pissed off.

Would be cool if you could program your own stuff in to it. I would do Linda Blair's dialogue from The Exorcist.

I need to get one of these for a day....teach it as many crude and vulgar phrases as possible, then sneak it back into the store to corrupt the others.

Hmmm. Wonder if these can be overclocked. Make 'em sound like Alvin & The Chipmunks. Oh, wait...

I wonder if someone's going to mod it and hook up something like a Raspberry Pi =P

Shit, I can just hear the begging by my 7 year old daughter now come Christmas time...

Yeah my 6 year old would want this. I'm definitely going to pick one up the second it launches so it doesn't become impossible to find around the holidays.

Back