CEO Says 'Nothing Wrong' With RIM

HardOCP News

[H] News
Straight from the "What Color Is The Sky In Your World" department, RIM's new CEO says there is nothing wrong with his company. Umm, whatever man, it's your story, you can tell it any way you want to. :D

"There's nothing wrong with the company as it exists right now," Heins said on CBC's Metro Morning. "I'm not talking about the company as I, kind of, took it over six months ago. I'm talking about the company (in the) state it's in right now." "This company is not ignoring the world out there, nor is it in a death spiral," Heins said

please go bankrupt please go bankrupt I do not want to support these anymore lol.

Yep right now it's fine, tomorrow could be s#!t, next week not so good, no new products on the horizon to revamp the company image, shares are dropping like the price of horse s#!te...I think that is known as a death spiral.

He's only saying that because he's been keeping his eyes shut and his fingers jammed into his ears while singing "lalalalala, this isn't happening to me" while all the RIM jobs around him are vanishing. I swear, that guy must be on his knees under his desk where he's too busy to notice that Apple and Google are just slamming RIM over and over and over again to pump market share until there's nothing left to suck from inside it. He's got to have his head buried in the sand with his butt way up in the air where he won't realize that the thundering vibration of the ground is a giant, throbbing, mechanical Android monster that Google is driving up behind him for the final, painful blow that will tear it apart. It's too bad that they spent all that time on top being such an abusive master, ramming Blackberries down on us only to now have the roleplay totally reversed and be stuck catching everything.

This is to keep the stock prices up, and because they might actually be working on something worthwhile.

The last several companies I've worked for still swear by BlackBerry, so they have some customers still.

SkribbleKat once again manages to make my day.

Apparently this CEO didn't bOther to read their financials from last week. If everything was fine, they woul actually be explaining how they will stay afloat.

The problem with RIM is the CEO clearly. RIM was great. Everything worked so well. I was hoping to see something similiar to andriod or the iOS. Too bad.

I love my Blackberry devices! I really do hope the best for them. OS7 is awesome!

Haters gonna hate!

I love my Blackberry devices! I really do hope the best for them. OS7 is awesome!

Haters gonna hate!

Rim made great products, no one is saying otherwise. The reason we hate them is for their hubris and stupidity.

The company's fine, it's the product that's the problem :)

Haters gonna hate!

I've had BB's for the past 6 years, but I plan on switching to an Android phone in the next couple months. BB doesn't have anything even close to competative with the new Galaxy S III.

SkribbleKat once again manages to make my day.

Apparently this CEO didn't bOther to read their financials from last week. If everything was fine, they woul actually be explaining how they will stay afloat.

I'm always happy to help make your day. ;)

The problem with RIM is the CEO clearly. RIM was great. Everything worked so well. I was hoping to see something similiar to andriod or the iOS. Too bad.

Do you mean the old CEO, or the new one that just stepped up?

He's exactly what a CEO should say. As such, I don't see this as being particularly newsworthy.

I've had BB's for the past 6 years, but I plan on switching to an Android phone in the next couple months. BB doesn't have anything even close to competative with the new Galaxy S III.

True, but is BB trying to compete with a phone like the GSIII? I don't think so...

I mean, my 9930 has a 1.2ghz CPU with 768MB RAM, 2.3" 640x480 touch screen, etc...sure it can't play high-end 3D games and what not, but its awesome for things like surfing the web and shnit.

I use a EVO 3D as a PMP and theres nothing about it that I've thought to myself "Damn I wish my BB had this!"

Well, I DO wish it supported Flash, I'm sure it could handle it. However, this is not a deal breaker for me as it wouldn't come in use much.

Other than that, the BB OS, the quality awesome construction, beautiful screen, and the BEST KEYBOARD EVAR!!11! make me never want to change phones.

Long live RIM! :D (hides from in coming bashings :p)

He's exactly what a CEO should say. As such, I don't see this as being particularly newsworthy.

Yup, that's true. A good CEO would want to make sure that the company keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny so that it has a bunch of open positions for more RIM jobs which we all know is a sign of how healthy the company is overall. More RIM jobs means that RIM is feeling more energetic and happy about the way things are.

Our company is mostly BB phones for the email purposes, but they are looking into switching to an app based service for Android and iPhone, to be honest if government and county offices are looking to switch, the future is not bright for RIM.

Our company is mostly BB phones for the email purposes, but they are looking into switching to an app based service for Android and iPhone, to be honest if government and county offices are looking to switch, the future is not bright for RIM.

lol... We (large local county govt) are planning a move to exchange for email (lotus currently :eek: ). Once that is completed, the long term plan is to add mail support ofr any exchange enabled devices. Get rid of most county owned phones and move to a reimbursement methodology for most worker wireless communications.

I also agree with some, what is he supposed to say? Sell stock now cause we are in trouble???? He has been running the show for 6 months... I don't care how efficient you THINK private business is, you can't turn around their numbers in that amount of time (at least not in any REAL way). What do you people think was going to happen, an android/iOS type OS built all in 6mo????

Honestly I think RIM is in trouble, even if they came out with the most perfect, magical phone ever. I don't think they can fully recover, they lost too much and fell too far behind.

Though I also didn't (and still don't) believe all the win phone OS hype. Personally I don't think there is much room for more then 3 players (the third usually is a fairly small minority).

Apps and connectivity are trending by going cross platform (to the top 2 enviros) and online. Even if MS and RIM could make uber phones it will take YEARS to topple the big 2. People are used to what they use, have no pressing need to switch (with cross platform support) and remote app access is becoming more universal (aka less need for "company" phones..

So THAT'S what happened to the Iraqi Information Minister! He's the CEO of RIM now. Good to know he's still finding work.

22899057.jpg

Am i the only one who thinks he is right? I mean its not his fault people dont like phones with a keyboard anymore,everyone switched to touchscreen,and when rim tryed to do the same ,they acused them of copying apple/samsung. Blackberrys are pretty nice phones,especialy the last models,not their fault customers all fallow apple and samsung now...its noe like apple or samsung reinvented themselves in the past 3,4 years,the phones look the same,blackberrys are so different from them and people dont like it anymore.

lol... We (large local county govt) are planning a move to exchange for email (lotus currently :eek: ). Once that is completed, the long term plan is to add mail support ofr any exchange enabled devices.

I added support for iPhones and Androids about 2 years ago when we upgraded to Exchange 2010. Still support BB's for the people who want/have them, but BB's are down to less than 20%

Honestly I think RIM is in trouble, even if they came out with the most perfect, magical phone ever. I don't think they can fully recover, they lost too much and fell too far behind.

I agree completely. Apple could come out with the worse phone ever, and I'd still have 30% of my users upgrading to it, because it's the "trendy" phone to have.

RIM has the opposite problem. BB's are looked at as so yesterday and uncool that some crooks don't even want to steal them. I think Microsoft has a much better chance to be the #3 player in a couple years than RIM.

Part of the problem is perception. The original [H] post by Steve is a good example of the idiocy, plus most of the posts on the first page. Childish people thinking they are being clever by bashing an easy target. :eek:

Why would you wish a company dead that provides employment for 1000's of people? :rolleyes:

Analysts are saying no one wants their phones? Apparently 7M+ wanted them in the last quarter. That is over 30M per year. Their market share is sinking but if they strip off the fat and focus on what they do best then there is no reason they can't turn things around.

Good luck RIM, ignore the idiots. :D

Part of the problem is perception. The original [H] post by Steve is a good example of the idiocy, plus most of the posts on the first page. Childish people thinking they are being clever by bashing an easy target. :eek:
Calling RIM and "easy target" would mean that they ARE A SINKING SHIP. Remember, sharks come when there's blood in the water and RIM is currently bleeding out.
Why would you wish a company dead that provides employment for 1000's of people? :rolleyes:
So that those same very talented people can get scooped up by someone else that isn't currently circling the drain. RIM just cut a massive amount of jobs, what makes you think that ANYONE is currently safe at RIM or that anyone at RIM other then the higher up that have sinked that ship are currently collecting a paycheck?
Analysts are saying no one wants their phones? Apparently 7M+ wanted them in the last quarter. That is over 30M per year. Their market share is sinking but if they strip off the fat and focus on what they do best then there is no reason they can't turn things around.
The way RIM counts growth has been talked about before. What they consider "growth" is simply them dumping all of their dumbphones into an emerging market like India and China. Cell providers in those markets buy the phones and RIM turns around and says that they're expanding/growing by x million phones even if no consumer has actually bought one of their phones. They could sit on a shelf, and many do, and RIM will trumpet about how many phones they sold regardless of actually subscriber use. Everyone else in the Industry counts it as how many phones have been sold TO CONSUMERS rather then just the Providers.

So yeah, good luck RIM. I wish you would sell off all the good parts of your company so that your technology and your talented engineers won't go to waste. So that all those people will be able to continue to put food on their tables.

Good luck RIM, ignore the idiots. :D

Don't mistake people laughing with one another on a forum as people with a malicious intent. Even if some people _are_ malicious, its not as if getting yourself excited about it and flag-waving or parading upon a higher moral ground will alter their perspective.

No he's not. What is the CEO supposed to say? We're fucked, get into the lifeboats? He'd be fired the same day. Honesty is for the boardroom, not the newsroom.

I hope your joking as well. He should have said were striving to become the great industry leader again and we have a good base for that right now after the changes...not just a blanket statement when everyone in the world knows the company is in bad shape. Cripes I just made that up and you can't tell me a CEO can't come up with a better statement that doesn't make him sound like a dumb fuck towing the company line?

Man, anyone who thinks RIM isn't in a death spiral is blind as a bat. I'm not sure how they have been in the past, but at least for the last 4 years, their development team has been utter crap. The company is so closed off that any part of integration with a carrier service, they want to do inhouse. Which is fine if you have the talent. The problem is, they do not. They can't even follow simple client specs and release buggy code to production without validating. The problems don't even stop with their developers. When all of their handsets break, they don't even bother to join Sev bridges. Instead they think they are too good for everyone else and blow everyone off... yet, their handsets do not work... you would think they would at least care enough about their customer experience, but nope. If they don't care about their own products, how can they expect anyone else to care?

At work, anytime we hear there is a RIM issue, it's no surprise. Handsdown worst handset vendor for tier 1 carriers. All of this is from an operational perspective of the company... and it is broken.

Back