Newegg.com Deals 6/21

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8150FRGUBOX
$199.99 - $10.00 promo code "HARDOCPX62XA" = $189.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/26/12

GIGABYTE GV-R777OC-1GD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$139.99 - $14.00 promo code "HARDOCPX62XB" (10%) - $20.00MIR = $105.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/26/12

HIS H787F2G2M Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
$349.99 - $10.00IR - $17.00 promo code "HARDOCPX62XC" (5%) - $20.00MIR = $302.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/26/12

OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$249.99 - $40.00IR - $20.00 promo code "HARDOCPX62XD" - $20.00MIR = $169.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/26/12

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL9Q-16GBXM
$139.99 - $25.00 promo code "HARDOCPX62XE" = $114.99 with free Egg Saver shipping
Promo Expires on 6/26/12

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

Last edited:
So close! Was hoping for the 7850 to go on sale. Good deal on the SSD though.

So close! Was hoping for the 7850 to go on sale. Good deal on the SSD though.

I got so tired of waiting for the 7850 to go on sale, I finally just got my Sapphire for $249. The card is flying off shelves, I don't think we'll see it on sale any time soon. :(

great price for the 7770, but the reviews are turning me away. would like to upgrade my 5770 in my HTPC.

If that 7870 was $270 before rebate, I would have gotten two, at that price though, I'd rather save a little more for a GTX670. On that note, would love to see a GTX670 for $350-$370!! The FX 8150 is slowly inching towards "buying it to play with it territory".

Just noticed they have the Antec 300 case on sale for $39.99 after rebate and was wondering, how is this deal in terms of hotness? . I plan on piecing together a new system over the next few months and don't know if this is this something I should jump on or something that happens regularly?

Just noticed they have the Antec 300 case on sale for $39.99 after rebate and was wondering, how is this deal in terms of hotness? . I plan on piecing together a new system over the next few months and don't know if this is this something I should jump on or something that happens regularly?

Beats the absolute hell out of any Rosewill or most cases in that price range.

It's a great budget case with cable management being a relative weakness. If you'll be running a hot rig, wait until newegg gives it's periodical $50 deal for the Illusion version which comes with 4 fans and has very good airflow.

Last edited:
Sort-of.... "quad module" more like ;)
Yeah, I see what you mean. I'd love to buy from AMD again, but I don't see them able to compete w/ Intel in the high end. :( Looks like this "8"-core chip doesn't stand a chance w/ an i7 or even i5 chip. : \

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'd love to buy from AMD again, but I don't see them able to compete w/ Intel in the high end. :( Looks like this "8"-core chip doesn't stand a chance w/ an i7 or even i5 chip. : \

I like my 8120 plenty. It's not [H]ard or nothin' but it rips DVDs real zippy while I'm running multiple VMs, 25-30 chrome tabs, code::blocks, Winamp, and sometimes a movie or something while I work. Plays the games I want, too. And it only ran me $179 for the CPU itself. From a performance vs cost standpoint it's worked out well for me but, I've no illusions that it was any more than a slight improvement over my i5-750 configuration ;)

If that 7870 was $270 before rebate, I would have gotten two, at that price though, I'd rather save a little more for a GTX670. On that note, would love to see a GTX670 for $350-$370!! The FX 8150 is slowly inching towards "buying it to play with it territory".

That heavily OC'd 7870 is probably faster than a 670, btw.

I like my 8120 plenty. It's not [H]ard or nothin' but it rips DVDs real zippy while I'm running multiple VMs, 25-30 chrome tabs, code::blocks, Winamp, and sometimes a movie or something while I work. Plays the games I want, too. And it only ran me $179 for the CPU itself. From a performance vs cost standpoint it's worked out well for me but, I've no illusions that it was any more than a slight improvement over my i5-750 configuration ;)
Cool, looks like that chip is perfect for your needs. :cool: But according to TH, the 1st gen. i5 is faster, at least for gaming purposes. I realize you're doing a lot more than just gaming.

Cool, looks like that chip is perfect for your needs. :cool: But according to TH, the 1st gen. i5 is faster, at least for gaming purposes. I realize you're doing a lot more than just gaming.

Without a doubt man. I have a much nicer mainboard for this setup than the i5-750 I was on before but yea... It was a lateral move for me.

Well maybe not for gaming, but it does have a few advantages in niche areas.
Too bad niche areas aren't enough to get AMD's profits up.

That heavily OC'd 7870 is probably faster than a 670, btw.

I've been scouring for a benchmark comparison between a highly overclocked 7950 and 7870 vs a Stock GTX 670. The AMD cards come with a coupon for Dirt Showdown, so I figure I save an extra $50 there, and after a $20 MiR the cheapest 7950 ends up being $290, which is pretty awesome. And Like wise with this 7870, after the [H] coupon, MiR and the $50 saved on Dirt Showdown, the card comes to $250. Which is about the right price for that card.

Can you show me a benchmark/game where they compare a highly overclocked 7870/7950, to a GTX670 or even a GTX680. I'm curious, because with the deals showing up the 7870 and 7950 have been on my radar. But I'm willing to spend a bit more for noticably better performance. If I can equal performance to a GTX670 from a highly overclocked 7870 or 7950, I think I would start leaning towards AMD.

Well I bit on the FX-8150. Ive been wanting one for a while and this is the cheapest Ive seen. I know I could get the 8120 for $155 right now but the 8150's are supposedly higher binned so this might mean an extra MHz or two and Im mainly wanting it to play with for overclocking so the extra $25 is worth it to me. Will be pairing it with a H100 in the next few weeks so hopefully can get some good clocks with it. Should be fun at least. Im bored with my 2 year old 1090.

Without a doubt man. I have a much nicer mainboard for this setup than the i5-750 I was on before but yea... It was a lateral move for me.
At the least, no one can call you an Intel or AMD fan boy since you had or have both. :D

This is coming from someone who owns one of each PC, so no fanboy label for me as well. :p

Well maybe not for gaming, but it does have a few advantages in niche areas.
Too bad niche areas aren't enough to get AMD's profits up.
Yeah, I agree. I hope AMD can stay solvent and become more relevant. If it was for them in the early and mid 2000s, Intel might still not have given us quad core computing by today. A relevant AMD makes Intel push the tech rather than stagnate. Not to mention price drops when the 2 compete. :)

Thats ok, you can call me one. That 8150 is the 5th AMD proc Ive bought in 4 years. :D

It would take me some time to tally all the processors from the big two that I have laying around right at this moment, let alone the ones I've put into use on any continual basis. Same goes for video cards, RAM, or any number of other components. I don't understand why anyone lays claim to being loyal to a particular brand.

It's particularly disconcerting to see people vehemently defend a company's products, even when faced with obvious flaws... You can claim experience with products from manufacturers and base some purchasing decisions on past experiences or other's past experiences but, things change and not everything made by "X brand" is made of gold every time without fail.

It actually really bothers me to see people go on about "YEA! X sucks, go Y forever!" since competition in a given space means better products for me, for less money. I've given up explaining it to people, though. It's like trying to combat religious fervor. Ya just can't win with reason.

Good to know their are others like me who like having at least two machines with competing hardware. That FX 8150 is really making me think of slide-grading my 1090t.

That FX 8150 is really making me think of slide-grading my 1090t.

If not that, they have the 8120 on sale for $155! I almost bit on that but for $25 more I might as well take a whack at better binning. Im really only buying it to have some overclocking fun because my 1090 is handling my gaming duties just fine.

If you crank on it enough, it will actually be a nice little upgrade for you. Phenoms are faster clock for clock but you can get a higher clock with a Bulldozer. If I can get this 8150 up to 4.5+, itll be a decent little performance bump from my 3.9 X6.

Thats ok, you can call me one. That 8150 is the 5th AMD proc Ive bought in 4 years. :D
Nice, OK, so I'll call you an AMD fanboy, LOL. What made you get an Intel processor, then (that 1st gen. i5 you mentioned you had)? :confused:

I've personally bought 3 computers in my life, 2 Intels and 1 AMD. I'll get a 4th one this year (which will replace the AMD) and it'll most likely be an Intel. : \

Back