Fractal Design Define R3 Case Mod Project, "MAYHEM"

mnpctech

Limp Gawd
Finished the "DiRT Showdown" PC build with Fractal-design Define R3. The interior and exterior custom paint finish is a combination “House of Kolor” Kandy Orange with touch of Red over “House of Kolor” “Shimrin Metajuls” Gold Basecoat. Under the hood is Sapphire’s Radeon HD 7950 and Pure Black 990FX motherboard. 16GB of AMD “Performance Edition” DDR3. Keeping AMD’s 8-core FX-8150 3.6GHz processor cool while gaming is AMD’s new Liquid CPU Cooler. The cooling fans are 140mm and 120mm Xigamatek cooling fans with White LEDS.

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech4.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech1.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech2.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech3.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech5.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech6.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech7.jpg

amd_fx_8150_dirt_ultimate_gaming_pc_giveaway_fractal_design_case_mod_cpu_cooler_mnpctech8.jpg

Hahaha, that's awesome! You have some talent, sir. I love the theme and the execution.

Aw, you have a dead LED on your Air to Fuel guage. Looks like you might be abit rich too.

Very neat build. Someone needs to make a fan that looks like a turbocharger wheel.

Aw, you have a dead LED on your Air to Fuel guage. Looks like you might be abit rich too.

Yes...so true!!, and the LED arrived on Saturday, so it's fixed now :)

Very neat build. Someone needs to make a fan that looks like a turbocharger wheel

Interesting you should mention that, I saw this article over the weekend about a new cpu cooler design that reminded of a turbocharger spool...

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/ne...ng_out_super_quiet_hyper-efficient_cpu_cooler

Yes...so true!!, and the LED arrived on Saturday, so it's fixed now :)

Interesting you should mention that, I saw this article over the weekend about a new cpu cooler design that reminded of a turbocharger spool...

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/ne...ng_out_super_quiet_hyper-efficient_cpu_cooler

I've seen that cooler aswell and I just don't understand how it could be efficent. There is an airgap between the wheel and the plate. I am not an engineer though, so if they make it work, awesome because it really does look cool. Just watch your fingers...

I've seen that cooler aswell and I just don't understand how it could be efficent. There is an airgap between the wheel and the plate. I am not an engineer though, so if they make it work, awesome because it really does look cool. Just watch your fingers...

Right, curious as to which manufacturer will introduce it... gut says it will be Cooler Master or Thermaltake

@IstgleichP, Thanks for the post! :)

Well done sir!

I love the K&N intakes haha that's awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Always happy to see our system arrive safely. Here are some photos the Giveaway Winner shared with everyone. I took the photo of the foam which packing it for shipment. Looks like they've taken it out for spin in the Showdown game that I pre-loaded... btw, It's a really fun game in Multiplayer.

dirt_showdown_case_mod_amd_winner.jpg

dirt_showdown_case_mod_amd_winner2.jpg

dirt_showdown_case_mod_amd_winner3.jpg

dirt_showdown_case_mod_amd_winner1.jpg

MNPCTECH always has the illest shit!
This is one of the illest cases I have ever seen.
I love the orange

You have inspired my brother and I to build a
case from scratch. We are still toying around with
ideas. We have pretty much endless possibility since
my brother works at a Metalship and we have access to
a water jet cutter.

Any advise for 2 novice computer case makers?
Do you build cases around the parts your going to put in it?

Back