Corsair Vengeance 2000 Headset

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club published a review of the Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset today. If you are looking for a new set of headphones, I recommend you read this review.

True to the Corsair name, they are solidly built, well thought out, and sound incredible. The fact that they are wireless only adds to the ability to enjoy them, since you will no longer have to miss out on in-game chat or movie dialog as you leave your computer to refill on gaming/movie refreshments. Although they are not intended to be used solely for listening to music, I cannot imagine anyone to be disappointed by the sound quality unless you have golden ears and are incredibly picky about your headphones.

I'm looking for a headset to use when I'm playing online games with friends in Vent (they all hate speaker feedback, and I don't blame them). I'm using a power amp/bookshelf speaker combo tied to my X-Fi Titanium. Any way to switch on the fly between the USB headphones and speakers connected to a sound card? I'd like to not have to unplug/replug things every time I want to switch, which I currently can't do with the X-Fi titanium if I used wired headphones through the sound cards headphone out. Always have to plug/unplug to switch between headphones and speakers.

Edit: NM, there was a small section in the review. Apparently you just have to unplug the wireless adapter, which would most likely be up on your desk, and it automatically switches back to your default audio device. Easier than going back behind the tower to unplug but I'd still prefer a software switch.

Edit 2: If anyone is in the same kind of situation as me with issues switching between sound devices, this piece of software will apparently do the trick. http://soundswitch.codeplex.com/ -- Going to give it a try should I decide to pick the Corsairs up. Just going to use them for gaming only and not music so I don't see the point of spending 2x the money on a higher end Denon/Sennheiser set.

Last edited:
Right click the sound icon in the tray>Playback Devices>Right click the headphones>Disable.

What I find odd is I didn't see either the review or the Corsair website make any mention of what battery is used and if it's replaceable. The conclusion I come up after not seeing this information is that it isn't replaceable. That leaves the question of how long it's going to last.

Another question I have that is not commented on in the review is the balance of the phones being one side has controls and battery. Seems to balance it some weight would have to be added to the side without the controls/battery.

I've always wanted to try one of these wireless gaming headsets, but I just feel like (and have been told more or less) than my Senn 590 + Xonar D2X setup is going to outperform it by a pretty large margin.

What I find odd is I didn't see either the review or the Corsair website make any mention of what battery is used and if it's replaceable. The conclusion I come up after not seeing this information is that it isn't replaceable. That leaves the question of how long it's going to last.

Another question I have that is not commented on in the review is the balance of the phones being one side has controls and battery. Seems to balance it some weight would have to be added to the side without the controls/battery.

In this review it says the battery is replaceable per the included Safety Leaflet. I haven't yet found a copy of said safety leaflet to determine what the battery is.

While i seriously doubt they sound better than my Samson 850s. A nice wireless headset is still a good thing to game with. Too many models in this genre have sucked.

In this review it says the battery is replaceable per the included Safety Leaflet. I haven't yet found a copy of said safety leaflet to determine what the battery is.

Yeah I saw that review. Maybe I'm weird that I want to know about the battery on a wireless headset with a BATTERY. You can't even find any info on it on the Corsair site.

I've always wanted to try one of these wireless gaming headsets, but I just feel like (and have been told more or less) than my Senn 590 + Xonar D2X setup is going to outperform it by a pretty large margin.

Worlds better. No reason for you to even look at them.

Yeah...it's sad there's nothing wireless with that type of quality as well as a reasonable price.

E.g., Senn has some wireless ones but they're like $300+.

Back