Who still rocks the Vinster M@x case?

Silas1128

n00b
Current Specs: (**Updated Specs Below**)
AMD AM3 Phenom II x3 @3.5GHz
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
12GB ram (4GBx2) and (2GBx2)
1TB drive
550W 1U PSU
Slim Drive DVD burner

When I got this I was worried it would be a one time build, but I have put three set up through this and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Has great air flow and the stock high end AMD heat sinks fit amazingly and have horizontal cooling fins with only benefit and improve air flow.

Plan to make a nice viewing window and have plans (well dreams) for a 32GB RAM, FX8150 x8 @3.6GHz, GTX 570 Ti, 700 PSU. (have all speced out just need the $$)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
I wish I could have gotten my hands on one of these. I have a buddy doing a mod to one of these to make it an ITX case. If anyone has one laying around let me know!

Mine is pretty chopped up at this point, but I am working on finishing it off at some point. I could post a few more pics off of the progress but it wouldn't show much more, and I may re-do some of it as the plastic started to get brittle after the bends.

So, I recently bought an AMD 1090T 3.6Ghz x6 and it was only running at 800Mhz on all cores. So I follow the instuctions for flashing my mobo with the latest BIOS to the T!! and of course it locks up... effectively bricking my MOBO.

I said screw it and bought a new mobo, and another 8GB of matching RAM.

So now its running:
AMD 1090T X6 @3.6Ghz
16 GB RAM (4x4GB)
AMD 7850 2GB
WD 320gb 10,000rpm Raptor Drive

Should be a pretty solid rig for a few years to come.

Also said screw it to the side mounted multi reader and put a normal CD/DVD drive in as well (Though I want a slot drive)

Back