Ecuador Says WikiLeaks Founder Seeking Asylum

HardOCP News

[H] News
At first if you don't succeed, appeal, appeal again, appeal some more, last minute appeal....then hide out in the Ecuadorian Embassy in the UK. Heh, this guy is a never-ending source of entertainment. ;)

WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange has taken refuge in the South American nation's embassy in London and is seeking political asylum. Foreign Minister Ricardo Patino said Ecuador is weighing the request. The move comes less than a week after Britain's Supreme Court rejected Assange's bid to reopen his attempts to block extradition to Sweden, where he is wanted for questioning after two women accused him of sexual misconduct during a visit to the country in mid-2010. He denies the allegations.

If he had been a stand up guy, and protected his sources, and released all of the info, instead of intentionally dribbling out bits and pieces out of context that would cause the most uproar, and consequently the most hits, which lead to higher ad revenues, I might have been able to defend this guy.
Since he is not, and did not, and did. All I see is a greedy douche bag, that is a bit extra handsies with the ladies. Enjoy Ecuador.

I'm kind of surprised he was allowed to roam around pending trial. Obviously someone is bad at evaluating flight risks.

If he had been a stand up guy, and protected his sources, and released all of the info, instead of intentionally dribbling out bits and pieces out of context that would cause the most uproar, and consequently the most hits, which lead to higher ad revenues, I might have been able to defend this guy.
Since he is not, and did not, and did. All I see is a greedy douche bag, that is a bit extra handsies with the ladies. Enjoy Ecuador.
Funny, he ringed his life trying to be famous. Got it and now hes running from it.

I don't feel bad for him at all. I personally think that whistle blowers should be protected and such groups are an important "check" in the system that helps keep the public involved in the actual truth instead of the bullshit mass media feeds us on a daily basis with its bias.

I think Julian as a human being is highly questionable and seems like a scum bag personally.

I don't feel bad for him at all. I personally think that whistle blowers should be protected and such groups are an important "check" in the system that helps keep the public involved in the actual truth instead of the bullshit mass media feeds us on a daily basis with its bias.

I think Julian as a human being is highly questionable and seems like a scum bag personally.

I agree with this completely.

I don't have enough information about JA to like/dislike him.

I have heard that his initial opinion regarding the possibility that releasing the State Department cables could cause many people in Iraq and Afghanistan who had assisted US forces to be killed was "they deserved to die" because they were collaborators.

There are indications that he's sociopathic.

Gimme a break, he didnt rape anyone.
Thats a lie created by the US goverment to demonize him.
Hes smart to go to Rafael Correa en ecuador. Correa dont take imperialist bullshit either.

FREE JULIAN ASSANGE!!!!!!!!!

well he's breached is bail conditions so will be arrested as soon as he leaves the embassy's protection. extradition could take place as early as the 28th if he's in custody.

Well if they don't allow him to move to the country, he can always knock at the neighbours door, or the next one, or the next one...and the one after that. I only know from my trip to the American Embassy and going through all the immigration stuff, that in London almost all of the embassies are in the big square. I reckon he shouldn't bother with the American embassy though, A. America doesn't like him already, and B. It's fenced off and surrounded by British rapid react police armed with MP5's...Well things might have changed since six years ago, they might have better guns.

I don't have enough information about JA to like/dislike him.
“If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” ~Pema Chodron

Ecuador is in a good position. Let's make a deal!

Hey, give us some of those anti terrorist funding like you do to Pakistan and you can have this kangaroo bastard.

“If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” ~Pema Chodron

I have learned from him that screwing with International secrets and getting people killed by the release of said secrets, using people within highly confidential and high risk organizations and then screwing them over, and just to top it off get a couple of girls really drunk and then take advantage while they are passed out and flee the country.

Yeah I opened my heart and learned how to be a complete cock from this teacher, I didn't like it, so I stuck with trying be a decent human being.

If your not guilty, why are you running to every possible non-extradition country?

asji.jpg

JA version

If your not guilty, why are you running to every possible non-extradition country?

Umm, get real, hes running to non extradition countries cause hes wanted, doesnt mean hes guilty. Of course hes innocent. No offense but if you think hes guilty your retarded.
Publishing leaked files LEAKED BY AN AMERICAN soldier doesnt equate to him raping two girls. Thats pure bullshit.

If you dont realize the goverment made that up to demonize Assange then yes no offense but your retarded.
Take one look at the guy he does not look like he cant rape one let alone two girls.....

If you dont realize the goverment made that up to demonize Assange then yes no offense but your retarded.
Take one look at the guy he does not look like he cant rape one let alone two girls.....

You can look at someone and tell if they're guilty or not? That's an amazing talent. We should get you in to the justice system to clean up shop!

If hes so guilty then why wasnt the subject brought into light before the whole wikileaks incident? Gimme a break of course hes innocent.
You people are clueless how the goverment works if you think the claim that he raped two girls is legit.
Like I said, since when does him publishing leaked documents by an AMERICAN soldier equate to him raping two girls?

Its a no brainer, something Im starting to suspect those of you that think hes guilty lack.

If hes so guilty then why wasnt the subject brought into light before the whole wikileaks incident? Gimme a break of course hes innocent.
You people are clueless how the goverment works if you think the claim that he raped two girls is legit.
Like I said, since when does him publishing leaked documents by an AMERICAN soldier equate to him raping two girls?

Its a no brainer, something Im starting to suspect those of you that think hes guilty lack.

People like you are why Reynold's Group Holdings makes money hand over fist. The guy was a douche that was barely on the radar til the wiki leaks incident. Fame draws all sorts of skeletons out of closets.

Woahh woahh woahhhhh. He's not accused of raping the women. He's accused of having his condom breaking by accident while inside the two girls which is a charge known as 'rape by surprise' in Sweden. It's definitely not the 'rape' term described by North American culture. It's supposibly the male's responsibility -- regardless of who bought the condom -- to make sure its in good condition, used properly, etc so it doesn't break. To somehow prevent accidents from happening which seems odd to me. Makes me thankful I don't live in Sweden a bit...though I'm still jealous of their excellent social systems.

Woahh woahh woahhhhh. He's not accused of raping the women. He's accused of having his condom breaking by accident while inside the two girls which is a charge known as 'rape by surprise' in Sweden. It's definitely not the 'rape' term described by North American culture. It's supposibly the male's responsibility -- regardless of who bought the condom -- to make sure its in good condition, used properly, etc so it doesn't break. To somehow prevent accidents from happening which seems odd to me. Makes me thankful I don't live in Sweden a bit...though I'm still jealous of their excellent social systems.

I don't believe you, because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and the Swedes generally are not dumb.

I'd bet a lot that is a bad misinterpretation or spin.

I don't believe you, because that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, and the Swedes generally are not dumb.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40551118/ns/us_news-wikileaks_in_security/

"Aug. 14: The woman, identified by Swedish officials only as Miss A, returns to Stockholm, 24 hours earlier than planned. The two go out for dinner, return to the apartment and have sex during which a condom breaks. She would later tell police that Assange used his body weight to hold her down during sex and that she was a victim of "unlawful coercion."

Aug. 15: Assange delivers his seminar speech and meets another woman who tags along for lunch with friends, the Mail reported, adding that the two then go to a movie where the woman suggests they were "intimate."

That evening, Miss A hosts a party for Assange at her home, afterward reportedly tweeting this to friends: "Sitting outside ... nearly freezing, with the world’s coolest people. It’s pretty amazing!"

So supposibly after the 'condom breaking', 'I've been rapped' incident the woman in question throws a party for her rapist and tweets he's one of the coolest people in the world...

Next, it gets kinky in a way. He just had sex with Woman A and now the next day... enter Woman B.:

"Aug. 16: The second woman, identified only as Miss W by Swedish officials, calls Assange and they meet in Stockholm. They go by train to her hometown and to her apartment, where they have sex. According to her testimony to police, Assange wore a condom.

Aug. 17: Miss W later tells police that Assange that morning had unprotected sex with her while she was still asleep.

Aug. 18: Assange is alleged on this day to have "deliberately molested" Miss A "in a way designed to violate her sexual integrity."

Soon after, Miss W contacts Miss A, knowing her from the seminar, and confides that she had unprotected sex with Assange, the Mail reported. Miss A says that she, too, had slept with him and reportedly later phones an acquaintance of Assange to relay to him that she wants him out of her apartment.

Aug. 20: Assange leaves the apartment. The two women go to Stockholm police to seek advice on how to proceed with a complaint by Miss W against Assange, the Mail reported. According to one source, Miss W wanted to know if it was possible to force Assange to undergo an HIV test. Miss A said she was there merely to support Miss W, but she also gives police an account of what had happened between herself and Assange, the Mail reported.

The female interviewing officer concludes that Miss W had been raped and Miss A subject to sexual molestation. A duty prosecuting attorney agrees Assange should be sought on suspicion of rape.

Aug. 21: The chief prosecutor dismisses the rape charge and arrest warrant, saying what occurred were no more than minor offenses.

In the following days, the claimants appeal, and a special prosecutor reopens the case, eventually reissuing the arrest warrant.

By now the press had gotten hold of the story. Miss A spoke to a Swedish newspaper, saying: "In both cases, the sex had been consensual from the start but had eventually turned into abuse."

Dateline has since done follow up articles on the Rape by Surprise thing and did a whole interview with Julian.

It couldn't be because he thought he was protected by his wealth and fame that he could get away with a crime. Oh no, some of the wealthy would never do that. :rolleyes:

This isn't about Wikileaks. It's about the rape by surprise incident. He's running because he's guilty and he can afford to run.

Back