Technology Gone Wrong: High Tech Shoe Coolers

If I'm clamping anything to my shoes they better be giving me the ability to fly.

Yeah, that doesn't look like it would be as annoying as a stick inside of your shoe:confused:

What problem does this product really solve?

Are there actually people out there with hot shoe problems?

Maybe they would be better off buying shoes with more breathable materials than sticking a tube into them...

Zarathustra[H];1038846231 said:

Maybe they would be better off buying shoes with more breathable materials than sticking a tube into them...

Actually some people do suffer from extreme sweaty and smelly feet. The last thing I'd want these people to do is put on porous shoes. I'm a commuter and some people smell enough as it is.

Zarathustra[H];1038846231 said:

Odor Eaters FTW!

Seriously I had a pair of Nike sneakers that just wouldn't breathe, not even odor eaters could prevent them from smelling like a dead animal, never bought that brand since 1990, Reebok or Adidas are the only two I will go for now.

Actually some people do suffer from extreme sweaty and smelly feet. The last thing I'd want these people to do is put on porous shoes. I'm a commuter and some people smell enough as it is.

Except when the shoes breathe, the feet don't sweat as much and rarely reach that level of stinkyness. The sweat and hot air dissipates before it rots on their feet and smells bad.

It's when they are kept sealed up in plastic shoes that don't breathe that the problems show themselves.

GoreTex style sneakers are an obvious choice here but are usually not cheap. When I shop for business/work shoes, I always make sure that they are real leather and not some sort of plastic leather wannabe, as leather breathes so much better.

It's the cheap plastic sneakers and cheap plastic wannabe business shoes that cause the problems. Anyone thinking that an electronic shoe ventilation system is the solution, should instead spend that money on a better pair of shoes.

Things to look out for are statements such as "Materials: Man Made Upper", this means you just bought a plastic shoe that won't breathe and your feet may wind up stinking.

Apparently you can put it under your armpit too. Japan, you think of the weird shit but I love you. :D

scaled.php

at first i thought it was water-cooled and i wondered why it was "technology gone wrong"... now i wonder why waste your time on air cooling?

Copper orthotics, 2 120 rads and fans on your ankles, 12v power supply strapped to your waist. Good to go.:D

This is old tech. Police officers have this... it clamps under their vests and plugged to a cigarette lighter while they're in the car.

Back