Android's Robin Gives Apple's Siri Some Stiff Competition

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Robin, the Android answer to Siri may still be in beta, but is beginning to attract some major attention and high marks for its performance. Robin takes up where Siri leaves off, filling the void on real-time helpful information on the fly.

Robin is poised to emerge as a very personal kind of assistant that becomes increasingly helpful as she gets to know her 'master' better.

Too add, I'm very un-anxious to try it out, I usually only use voice for voice-to-text and thats about it.

Robin giving Siri stiff competition?

Does it need to be very good to be competitive?

Robin giving Siri stiff competition?

Does it need to be very good to be competitive?

Even Woz said that Siri was better before Apple bought it.

Yet, Apple still says that they designed and made Siri... But, they bought the technology and made it worse? So, buy a product, make a few changes and it becomes your idea and all yours.

I wouldn't mind seeing competition in this segment. I hope it can gain popularity and become much better and be like Jarvis (Tony Stark's computer).

I can't stand the guy's voice in the video. It totally distracted me from paying attention to the Robin software.

Me: Where do I hide a dead body?
Robin: Why dont you ask Siri?

Hahahaha! :) Too funny!

I'll take one that sounds like Dr. Sbaisto.

Most of you are prob waaaay to young to even know who that is...

I just tested this out and it actually says that. :p

It told me to hide the bodies on the second page search results on Google. But I still don't think any voice recognition program can capture my voice properly. I always have to slow down and pretend I'm talking to a retarded kid.

I can't stand the guy's voice in the video. It totally distracted me from paying attention to the Robin software.

Normally I'd call shenanigans, but you are absolutely right. That guy's voice was just LOUD and annoying.

I had to Google it. I do remember using it back then a few times, but it obviously wasn't memorable. :( I'm getting to be an old gent, though.

I cracked up after saying something to it, and it said, "your laugh is very cute!" Kinda creeped me out! haha

wow. I think I got the doc with one of my sound cards way back when. The original sound blaster?

wow. I think I got the doc with one of my sound cards way back when. The original sound blaster?

Yup. Bought one of the first Sound Blaster cards to go in my Wang 386. Had lots of fun with Dr. Sbaitso with my dad and little brother. Many laughs were had over many hours.

Ah, those were the days.

anyway to change the voice on this yet? this is purely for kicks as I will never use this thing legitimately

Back