Silverstone Office Visit

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ninjalane paid a visit to Silverstone's offices in Taiwan and snapped a few pictures while they were there.

After Computex I stopped by the Silverstone offices in New Taipei City to talk more about the new Raven 4 chassis and their cooling initiative. I was able to get some good photos of the new case at Computex but many people were confused as to how small the case really was.

Did the guy who wrote that article even read it before he published it? Raven 1 is the tallest of the four cases, but it is shorter than Raven 2? Raven 4 is the shortest case, but is taller than Raven 3?

Did the guy who wrote that article even read it before he published it? Raven 1 is the tallest of the four cases, but it is shorter than Raven 2? Raven 4 is the shortest case, but is taller than Raven 3?

He means depth. Yes, it is confusing.

Raven 4 gets rid of the 90 degree orientation? That is disappointing. I kind of like my GPUs hanging 'down'; they don't bend any more.

I'd like to see some of the latest Silverstone HTPC cases myself. They make some really sleek ones!

Isn't the ft02 still the best air cooled case out there cause of 90 degree, why pull away from what works?

He means depth. Yes, it is confusing.

Raven 4 gets rid of the 90 degree orientation? That is disappointing. I kind of like my GPUs hanging 'down'; they don't bend any more.

I really get the feel that English is not Dennis Garcia's first language.

Of obvious reasons there are some things that companies don't show at Computex and there are photos I take photos of that never make it into the daily coverage.

Lol, what gave you that idea?

I like that all metal all in one twin rad cooler silverstone is working on, but few silverstone cases support that. Why not make a triple 180mm and update the FT02? Give a second connection for a 680.

Isn't the ft02 still the best air cooled case out there cause of 90 degree, why pull away from what works?

Puget Systems did some tests with 90 degree orientations and found that it had little to do with cooling performance. Airflow, fans and fan speeds, and general case design are the much more prevailing factors.

Still, after using a 90 degree case for a bit (I'm using it now), I do like having the I/O on top and the cards hanging down, rather than horizontal, which usually results in the cards bending over time.

Back