Blizzard on Cheating In Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardOCP News

[H] News
Cheating in any game is pretty lame. Cheating after you've been warned is stupid. Getting your account banned so you can't play a game you paid money for is funny as hell! ;)

Playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will begin in the near future.

I still am not comfortable with the idea of being banned from both the SP and MP , Blizzard has made mistakes before.

But I also fucking hate cheaters so , I'll live I guess.

I have no sympathy for cheaters. You cheat in an MP game, instaban.

Tired of morons ruining games.

I thought the whole reason of making it online only was to completely prevent cheaters.

wishful thinking... there's been 3 different item dupes found which all got fixed in the hotfix on the weekend, and many many people are botting, making 4-500k gold per hour per client then selling that gold to the spambot people. Right now the spammers are buying gold @ 7-8$ per million, then reselling it @ 11 per million.

I thought the whole reason of making it online only was to completely prevent cheaters.

No, just dupes. Oops, there are already dupes! They should ban all the gold farmers too... nope, just nerf the gold drops for everyone!

I wonder if they count the AA injectors (less point because it's all really blurry) and the graphical enhancers (removing of the heavy heavy blur). Probably, because they seem pretty silly.

Wonder if they will ever admit to just having crappy security. :D

I wonder if they count the AA injectors (less point because it's all really blurry) and the graphical enhancers (removing of the heavy heavy blur). Probably, because they seem pretty silly.

thankfully Jay Wilson came out and publicly said dark3d is not illegal to use, that's not to say they won't change their policy on it without telling anyone.

At this second, those are not considered hacks. Who knows if that will change.

thankfully Jay Wilson came out and publicly said dark3d is not illegal to use, that's not to say they won't change their policy on it without telling anyone.

At this second, those are not considered hacks. Who knows if that will change.

Can see it too. If it goes the same as everything else they "lock down" their system to deal with the barrage of hacks/dupes/whatever. The dupes and hacks are still there as before, but everyone is left with a lesser game. :(

Prevent....no, make it much more difficult to do in the first place, and provide a way to stop it if a way is found...yes.

Many people are also complaining that bans were not out day 1, but one of the things Bliz has done in the past (with WoW), is watch those who are botting/cheating/duping to get a more complete idea of everything going on. Then they pounce, banning everyone involved, closing up hacks and adding tighter and more improved security.

imho the worst cheater is Blizzard itself.

I cant even get my refund back.

Have you tried yet? I know some people have gotten a refund, not sure about their or your circumstances but, give them a call they might surprise you.

What if there was a server for cheaters? You get caught cheating, your account gets dumped onto the 'cheater' server. Cheat all you want. May even be more fun to play.

imho the worst cheater is Blizzard itself.

I cant even get my refund back.

definately try... I know people who played for 3 weeks and had level 60's who called and got refunds, blizz tried to guilt them into staying saying things like you played 100 hours, don't you think that was worth $60? you played the game to the end, are you sure? etc ... but in the end they gave the refund.

What about when you account gets hacked?

I had a 10 character unique password that was a bunch of nonsense and I was "hacked." Someone took all of my items from all of my characters.

Blizzard told me that I could get a rollback to before the hacking but that it was undoubtedly my fault.

I was told that I get a total of two rollbacks and if I am hacked a third time I will be permanently banned.

How is it MY FAULT that their security is weak? Passwords are NOT even case sensitive. I haven't played since. I should probably submit a ticket for a refund...

Moral of story.. Fuck Blizzard.

definately try... I know people who played for 3 weeks and had level 60's who called and got refunds, blizz tried to guilt them into staying saying things like you played 100 hours, don't you think that was worth $60? you played the game to the end, are you sure? etc ... but in the end they gave the refund.

Not in my area of woods.

imho Blizzard sucks donkey balls.

How about not forcing the single player to be online so that other players cheating doesn't affect everyone else? Problem solved.

How about not forcing the single player to be online so that other players cheating doesn't affect everyone else? Problem solved.

Um frankly if your playing the game as a "single player" other peoples hacking doesn't effect you, sense your obviously not using the AH....right?

Um frankly if your playing the game as a "single player" other peoples hacking doesn't effect you, sense your obviously not using the AH....right?

Bingo. People will always find something to bitch about.

Funny just read a thread on another site where someone was selling a bot (don't ask) to mine for gold in Diablo 3, then within that thread another link showing someone selling gold for money...

use bot
get gold
sell gold
get account banned
care not one fuck because you made profit
repeat.

Way to go Blizzard, in your asshappy attempt to control every aspect of the game just so you can justify your auction house where you can make real money from it, you failed.

Blizzard's response to gold farmers was to limit gold drops in several areas, which affects everyone.

Funny just read a thread on another site where someone was selling a bot (don't ask) to mine for gold in Diablo 3, then within that thread another link showing someone selling gold for money...

use bot
get gold
sell gold
get account banned
care not one fuck because you made profit
repeat.

Way to go Blizzard, in your asshappy attempt to control every aspect of the game just so you can justify your auction house where you can make real money from it, you failed.

THIS :D

rinse and repeat ... D3 is going to shit

Blizzard's response to gold farmers was to limit gold drops in several areas, which affects everyone.

But if you didn't rely on the AH, that amount of "limiting gold drops" does not affect you in any kind. I still find boat loads of money just going through quests.

That isn't the problem here.

+1000

Make game online-only to prevent cheating and dupes -> Cheats and dupes come out within a month of release anyway

Epic fail.

But if you didn't rely on the AH, that amount of "limiting gold drops" does not affect you in any kind. I still find boat loads of money just going through quests.

Er, actually buying items from the AH saves you money, not the other way around. At least, until inferno.

Doing the jewelcrafting, smithing, and buying the rares from special vendors is typically more expensive for the first 2 difficulties.

I still find boat loads of money just going through quests.

1. Excuse my immaturity here but "lol what?" Your statement in no way applies to inferno.

2. Again referring to inferno, you simply DON'T progress as a player when you get to the inferno level without:
A. Using the AH
or
B. Using ONE specific spec, with a massive amount of kiting, with a still 50-75% chance of chain-insta-dying for hundreds of hours

1.0.3 will fix this, but there are many other issues about the game that NEED work. Latency when solo is ridiculously high still, getting hit by mobs 3+ character lengths away. People who play HC are insane with the rubberbanding / lag-oddities.

If you played the game to level 60 you shouldn't get a refund. Deal with it.

Honestly, I agree. I can list quite a few gripes I have with the game, but I've played much worse. I can't justify a refund on a game I'd give 7/10 (still a decent score, overall)

1. Excuse my immaturity here but "lol what?" Your statement in no way applies to inferno.

2. Again referring to inferno, you simply DON'T progress as a player when you get to the inferno level without:
A. Using the AH
or
B. Using ONE specific spec, with a massive amount of kiting, with a still 50-75% chance of chain-insta-dying for hundreds of hours

1.0.3 will fix this, but there are many other issues about the game that NEED work. Latency when solo is ridiculously high still, getting hit by mobs 3+ character lengths away. People who play HC are insane with the rubberbanding / lag-oddities.

Yea, the HC folks are inventing new strategies just for this.

I had a 10 character unique password that was a bunch of nonsense and I was "hacked." Someone took all of my items from all of my characters.
How is it MY FAULT that their security is weak? Passwords are NOT even case sensitive. I haven't played since. I should probably submit a ticket for a refund...

Do you use that same password elsewhere, perhaps on the email account you have associated with your bnet account? Keylogged on your system recently (or right now)? Do you have an authenticator?

Not saying it *is* your fault, but it's more likely that something got into *your* account/password than someone hacking into Blizzard/Bnet and not also getting my creds along with yours.

*shrug* Condolences on the lost labor, mate.

Er, actually buying items from the AH saves you money, not the other way around. At least, until inferno.

Doing the jewelcrafting, smithing, and buying the rares from special vendors is typically more expensive for the first 2 difficulties.

Exactly.

I have 3 60's all in inferno and I do fine. I hardly use the AH, but its handy.

My point is that finding gold even after the "nerf" is still easy.

A. Using the AH
or

Actually, yes it does. 3 level 60's, 1 barb, 1 wd, 1 dh. All have no problems finding money in inferno.

D3 has many issues, but finding gold is not one of them, which is what my original post was about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back