Black Mesa Source

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
After a swift campaign to get 20k Facebook Likes, BMS has released 8 new "gameplay" screenshots and this blurb:
"Thank you all so much, it's really great to have your support! With your help we have now kicked off our social-media campaign towards our first release! You can expect more updates from us in the near future. Today we are sharing this fantastic batch of screenshots that really gives you the first glimpse into the gameplay of Black Mesa. This is just the beginning. We have more in store for you in the near future! Hold on to your lab coats!"

New screens:
http://imgur.com/a/ItaUQ#0

Homepage
Twitter

And anyone who needs a refresher on WTF they've been doing for the past few years should read the RPS interview: Part 1, Part 2

Last edited:
It's looking pretty dated like many source games, but worse, as those all came out years and years ago, not whenever this will finally come out (with the improvements to source). The models all look...old, way below even the levels of L4D1. Graphics aren't everything, but having things not look terrible helps to draw people in.

Is the team working on this professional, as in getting paid by someone? If so, they are some of the absolute worst devs ever. How in the world has this taken a decade?

Is the team working on this a bunch of amatuers, doing it for nothing? If so, they are some of the most dedicated devs ever. Whoever has kept this thing moving forward, slow as it goes, should be a professional cat herder.

Is the team working on this professional, as in getting paid by someone? If so, they are some of the absolute worst devs ever. How in the world has this taken a decade?

Is the team working on this a bunch of amatuers, doing it for nothing? If so, they are some of the most dedicated devs ever. Whoever has kept this thing moving forward, slow as it goes, should be a professional cat herder.

No. 2.

Portfolio builder is more like it.

I've said it in every other thread, and I'll say it in this one... I'm stoked for this. I don't care how long it takes them to make it. They obviously are still working hard to try and release, and I'm confident that it will. Doesn't matter when... I'll play it.

i will play it.

I still fire up half life 2 from time to time , i love it

It's looking pretty dated like many source games, but worse, as those all came out years and years ago, not whenever this will finally come out (with the improvements to source). The models all look...old, way below even the levels of L4D1. Graphics aren't everything, but having things not look terrible helps to draw people in.

I don't know a lot about the game, but isn't it just Half-Life 1 with source graphics?

In which case, I would have to disagree; graphics are the only thing going for it. That being said, I don't think it looks all that bad.

I don't know a lot about the game, but isn't it just Half-Life 1 with source graphics?

In which case, I would have to disagree; graphics are the only thing going for it. That being said, I don't think it looks all that bad.

No, it isn't just HL1 + source. Sounds like it's changed a bit and has new content.

Love how so many people are quick to judge a game/mod off of "OMG THE GRAPHICS!!!111". Who cares as along as the game play is there. Too many games now days that have good or "realistic" graphics but the game play is utter trash. Personally, I will be playing this if it ever makes it out.

The graphics will be dated but what fan made mod/game has AAA graphics? The gameplay is likely going to be very tight which more than makes up for the graphics.

Who wants to sacrifice game play to put work into strong graphics anyways?

Love how so many people are quick to judge a game/mod off of "OMG THE GRAPHICS!!!111". Who cares as along as the game play is there. Too many games now days that have good or "realistic" graphics but the game play is utter trash. Personally, I will be playing this if it ever makes it out.
If all you're interested in is gameplay why not just play the original lol.

Looks Awesome to meh , Im game :D is it FREE or will there be a charge\cost for it either its cool

If all you're interested in is gameplay why not just play the original lol.

I still do from time to time. I'm not saying that graphics don't matter at all, it's nice to see things get a refresh or something new come around. I'm just saying to base an opinion of graphics alone for a game seems a bit out there. Also, with this mod being on the source engine, I imagine more than just visuals will change. Such as physics, and mechanics.

Been following this for a long time and a long wait is just the nature of an overly ambitious mod. This thing looks like it will actually get released, so I'm happy.

Valve should have just offered to hire them and let them finish it with the proper funding, this things been in development since Half Life 2 came out.

The way I look at it is that it's free, it's based off of a game I really enjoyed, and they're taking their time to polish it. I'll just forget about it and then be excited when I finally get to play it.

I'll definetly get and play this if/when it's released. Too bad the people who are developing it have the same sense of urgency Valve has with their releases. Is it 2 or 3 years since they set their origional release date?

Umm what else are you going to judge it off of, the whole freaking point of BMS is a graphical update to HL1, not a whole new game. We already know what its going to be like game play wise.

Umm what else are you going to judge it off of, the whole freaking point of BMS is a graphical update to HL1, not a whole new game. We already know what its going to be like game play wise.

Agreed. I've heard that HL1 was a great game and I've even tried playing it, but I can't get past the horrid graphics. I think it's hard for people who were getting into computer gaming around the time of HL2 to then go backwards and play a graphically inferior game.

That's the problem with the amount of time this mod has taken to produce. 3 years ago or whenever they first thought it would be done it still looked impressive, but now it looks dated and by the time they actually get around to putting it out there could already be a Source replacement waiting in the wings for HL3 (yeah, right) and they'll have to start over. It's like how Duke Nukem Forever played endless engine catch-up until the company ran out of money.

Don't care about the screenshots. REALLY don't care about a social media campaign. Just let me know when it's done.

HL1 is probably my all-time favorite FPS, very close with No One Lives Forever. I thought HL2 had markedly inferior gameplay. The gravity gun was a neat gimmick, but blockenstacken gets old fast. Ant lions were just annoying. The Combine troops just weren't as much fun to fight as the Marines in HL1.

Give me HL1 gameplay on an updated engine and I'll be a happy gamer.

Don't care about the screenshots. REALLY don't care about a social media campaign. Just let me know when it's done.

HL1 is probably my all-time favorite FPS, very close with No One Lives Forever. I thought HL2 had markedly inferior gameplay. The gravity gun was a neat gimmick, but blockenstacken gets old fast. Ant lions were just annoying. The Combine troops just weren't as much fun to fight as the Marines in HL1.

Give me HL1 gameplay on an updated engine and I'll be a happy gamer.

No one lives forever was great. Monoliths best franchise, better then FEAR.

Just bought an Ati 9800XT. Can't wait to see if I can max this game out. :D:D

Black mesa? Ah, teh lulz.
I'll defs play it when it's out but until it's actually released no real excitement from me.
It would be good to see their hard work come to a conclusion.

Back