Adobe Patches Flash Bugs, Ships Plug-In for Firefox

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Seven critical vulnerabilities, a sandboxed plug-in for Firefox, and a silent update tool for OS X were released by Adobe on Friday. June is developing into a very busy month for updates and patches.

The flaws were all over the map, and included memory corruption, integer and stack overflow, and security bypass bugs.

And I had to change the exclusions for the anti-spyware part of Mcafee on our server because they changed the installer file names yet again.

And the new sandboxed version of Flash keeps causing the plugin container for Firefox to keep crashing while idle since I installed it yesterday. Disabled everything else and the crashes kept happening. Disable flash and no more crashes. You would think they'd eventually get it right but guess not.

And the new sandboxed version of Flash keeps causing the plugin container for Firefox to keep crashing while idle since I installed it yesterday. Disabled everything else and the crashes kept happening. Disable flash and no more crashes. You would think they'd eventually get it right but guess not.

If you check the processes, the new Sandboxed Flash no longer runs in the Plugincontainer.exe. Not that I've noticed anyways. I only found that out because I already had the plugincontainer.exe added to my program list in EMET but when I checked my running processes when watching a video on YT...the plugincontainer wasn't running. Two instances of "FlashPlayerPlugin_11_3_300_257" were running instead so I had to find those and manually add them to EMET.

I also have the two copies of the flash file you mentioned but plugincontainer.exe is still listed in the processes list. It doesn't crash when I'm using flash. Just when the browser is open and idle (doesn't matter if page opened is using flash or not). Disabling the flash plugin is the only thing that stops the "plugincontainer.exe has stopped working" error messages I've gotten since the update.

Back