Google Adds Warning Of 'State-Sponsored Attacks'

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google has added a feature that warns users whose accounts it believes are targets of "state-sponsored attacks."

A message that says "Warning: We believe state-sponsored attackers may be trying to compromise your account or computer" will appear onscreen if users are targeted, Eric Grosse, a vice president for security engineering, wrote on a company blog.

Payback. China haxxored google not too long ago, remember?

Yeah that's true, but that was back when Google had a creeper as a CEO.

Google: LOL...all ur peepz r belong to us!
China: *hax*
Google: OMFG u haxzor!
China: Cry moar n00b!
Google: Troll u laterz...

^^ That's pretty much how it all went down. I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter in this preteen drama.

I bet this pops up on Iran scientists computers too!

Warning: The US/Isreal Joint Hacking Crew want your centrifuges

I bet this pops up on Iran scientists computers too!

Warning: The US/Isreal Joint Hacking Crew want your centrifuges

We all know that only communist states like the USSR, China, and Japan hack into other peoples' stuff. Well, maybe Korea, but it's because of Starcraft and not because they have a national security or espionage agenda.

We all know that only communist states like the USSR, China, and Japan hack into other peoples' stuff. Well, maybe Korea, but it's because of Starcraft and not because they have a national security or espionage agenda.

Asians=Communist

We all know that only communist states like the USSR, China, and North Korea hack into other peoples' stuff. Well, maybe South Korea, but it's because of Starcraft and not because they have a national security or espionage agenda.

Fixed your sarcasm for you :)

Oh come on! You know all those crazy people in Japan are out to get us with their Robotech anime and Sony handycams!

I don't understand when and where this message would display. During searches through the search engine, while logged into gmail, or during random web browsing, etc? Where's the details??

OK after some digging the message pops up through Gmail.

targeted20user20warning-11369621.png

http://www.pcworld.com/article/257039/google_warns_gmail_users_over_statesponsored_attacks.html

Will I get a warning when Google hacks my account?

I guess they call it a 'change of terms and policies' notice.

Tit for tat. It's all fun and games till China launches a nuke at Google. China will have the upper hand, no matter what, simply because they are a country with many many resources and Google is, well, just Google.

Tit for tat. It's all fun and games till China launches a nuke at Google. China will have the upper hand, no matter what, simply because they are a country with many many resources and Google is, well, just Google.

True. But they have mad skillz.

Back