Kickstarter for Tactical FPS from Ex Red Storm Entertainment Dev - Ground Branch

Check a few threads below yours. ;)

Hopefully they get the funds. They have and are working on some very impressive features that have not really be in any games (or at least good ones) before. The genre also needs a revival.

Hmm...I am torn because I pitched in for Takedown as well. I guess I could do both, but I feel like I would just end up playing one or the other.

Hmm...I am torn because I pitched in for Takedown as well. I guess I could do both, but I feel like I would just end up playing one or the other.

Both can turn out rather different in the end, like R6 Raven Shield and SWAT 4 did. This will also be out much quicker as they have already done a lot of the ground work.

In addition, Takedown will likely feature less overall features as they have limited funds to get the game out there. It will bring most of the festures expected in the genre, but as stated they have to keep many features out in order to get the project finished,

BFS already has developed large parts of the game though their goals were a bit ambitious, hence the Kickstarter project. But things like the in game watch, free look, fully animated transitions, the ability to kick open doors and whatnot tells that that this game will likely be more feature rich than Takedown due to the fact that the basic ground work was already funded/created by BFS. Kickstarter is just going to give them the funds to polish the game into a playable state.

If you're a fan of the genre I would consider donating; because there really only is one such title (Takedown) in development. The genre is hardly crowded.

That's true, I may just kick in for both. Really loved the RB6 games and SWAT 4.

I donated. My buddy and I used to play the hell out of RS: Rogue Spear and this will hopefully fill that need again.

well crap, it doesn't look like it's doing to well so far. Hopefully it'll go viral, but I fear people are experiencing a kickstarter-fatigue

Back