Dell U30011 Rev A07 anti glare reduced!

aztech

n00b
Received my Dell U3011 Rev A07 last week. The first moment I powered it on I new something was different! (Owned a Rev A05 for about 3 months.)

whites don't have that harsh grainy/dirty look to them

games= WOW!

with the reduction in anti-glare imo, it placed this monitor on a whole new level of image quality!

About damn time, unfortunately I had an earlier version of the U2711 and I sold it CHEAP, just couldn't take it anymore.

Last edited:
with the reduction in anti-glare imo, it placed this monitor on a whole new level of image quality!

Wow, that is really awesome. Kind of makes me miss my U3011, lol. Would you say it looks similar to regular matte TN monitor?

Wow, that is really awesome. Kind of makes me miss my U3011, lol. Would you say it looks similar to regular matte TN monitor?

The anti glare reminds me of my old samsung 204b tn monitor which had a normal amount of coating imo. Could never go back to Rev A05!

No the U2711 has not been updated - I have a REV 08 at work and it has the same AG coating as my old REV 03 had.

Whoa, that's good news, everybody! (A bit jealous here).

I also just noticed (despite owning a U3011 for a while, that the front panel is not quite secure in the middle. If I press the panel, the entire panel could move back a quarter inch. Did anyone else notice this? (It's not normally an issue due to the sheer weight of the panel though).

Received my Dell U3011 Rev A07 last week. The first moment I powered it on I new something was different! (Owned a Rev A05 for about 3 months.)

whites don't have that harsh grainy/dirty look to them

games= WOW!

That sounds great, the greyish whites in my Dell U3011 purchased Dec 2011 has put me off a little.

I wonder if I can return it for a Rev A07? Anyone know Dell's return policy?

Many thanks,
Detox

Just received my REV A07. Looks the same as the 05 side by side. Looks like we're playing the lottery if you want individual better glare.

Just received my REV A07. Looks the same as the 05 side by side. Looks like we're playing the lottery if you want individual better glare.

the anti glare is still there just like any matte screen. I received a second REV A07 today and I can say its confirmed to have less anti glare just like my first REV A07!

The anti glare is still noticeable(again like any matte screen) if you really look for it but its not distracting like earlier revisions.

I know this thread is a bit old but for anyone still looking at the U3011, I received mine last week and mine is an A07 revision. I don't have a previous U3011 revision to compare it to but I can say with certainty, I have ZERO issues with the AG coating. Its not bad at all, whites don't look grey and text is razor sharp, no shimmering or sparkles. Maybe the coating was reduced through recent revisions, maybe its the same coating that will be applied to the 3013 when it arrives, but again I love my U3011 A07 revision.

This make the decision between 16:10 30" and asus 27" PLS panel again harder :). Thinking about going ASUS 27" PLS and a second monitor 27" ASUS 144Hz TN panel, side by side (different resolutions).

Whoa, that's good news, everybody! (A bit jealous here).

I also just noticed (despite owning a U3011 for a while, that the front panel is not quite secure in the middle. If I press the panel, the entire panel could move back a quarter inch. Did anyone else notice this? (It's not normally an issue due to the sheer weight of the panel though).

mine does the same thing

Just checked the two on my desk (sadly used for monitoring only), and they do seem to not be 'solid' and do have a little flex. Sadly, these have the same AG coating as my HP ZR30w at home with the same panel- but I'm still not giving up my HP without a fight. Massive resolution for the win.

This is good news....hopefully Dell keeps making U3011s with minimal AG coating....I'm thinking of picking one up for BF or X-mas sales

Wow, looks like anti-glare was an issue then, now wasn't it? Where are the minimizers and denialists?

Bravo Dell.

Wow, looks like anti-glare was an issue then, now wasn't it? Where are the minimizers and denialists?

Bravo Dell.

It's a small issue- smaller than the lack of resolution, color accuracy or viewing angles you'd get with any other monitor.

Bravo Dell.

What do you mean by an issue? Have you considered that maybe Dell made a change due to complaints? Doesn't make it an issue for everyone, just means that Dell was trying to give customers what they wanted. That's a great company.

Looking at your sig, if you're still using a Dell 2405, I was too until I just got my U3011 A07, and I can say that the AG coating is just about identical to my old 2405 which was a non-issue for me.

What do you mean by an issue? Have you considered that maybe Dell made a change due to complaints? Doesn't make it an issue for everyone, just means that Dell was trying to give customers what they wanted. That's a great company.

Looking at your sig, if you're still using a Dell 2405, I was too until I just got my U3011 A07, and I can say that the AG coating is just about identical to my old 2405 which was a non-issue for me.

What I mean is that Dell made improvements to the coating in response to customer feedback. I say bravo to them. I call out all those who minimized this sparkle/grain issue on this forum.

Mine are Rev05 from January 2012, but my AG was never an issue, whites are crisp with no sparkle. Manufactued in Mexico Rev05.

Anyone able to do a Rev05 vs Rev07 side by side? Just curious to see

I've seen both revisions and I don't believe there is a difference in AG between them. The a07 still has the same AG.

The thick AG doesn't bother you after a while. It was noticeable at first, but whatever.

What I mean is that Dell made improvements to the coating in response to customer feedback. I say bravo to them. I call out all those who minimized this sparkle/grain issue on this forum.

I'm not sure how you can call out a personal opinion. I personally see the antiglare and notice it if I'm looking for it but if I'm not it's completely unnoticeable. I'm not denying that it's there, I'm just saying to ME it's not bothersome at all.

I'm not sure how you can call out a personal opinion. I personally see the antiglare and notice it if I'm looking for it but if I'm not it's completely unnoticeable. I'm not denying that it's there, I'm just saying to ME it's not bothersome at all.

That position is totally reasonable.

It's totally unreasonable, however, to minimize the grain/sparkle issue as inconsequential to anyone. It is an issue, and it is immediately noticeable to some eyes. That fact guarantees an objective flaw in the coating, and that absolutely cannot be contested.

That position is totally reasonable.

It's totally unreasonable, however, to minimize the grain/sparkle issue as inconsequential to anyone. It is an issue, and it is immediately noticeable to some eyes. That fact guarantees an objective flaw in the coating, and that absolutely cannot be contested.

There's a middle ground in this argument, and I think you've hit it. Using three of these panels every day, two Dells and one HP, I admit that the AG coating is one of the first things I noticed, and it did bother me slightly. I'll also say that it has not affected the use of the panels, and in my work environment where the Dell's are used to monitor a number of systems simultaneously, the AG coating helps. Reflectivity would kill here. At home, I turn the lights down for gaming or photo editing, so a more minimal AG coating would be preferential, and whether a particular monitor has strong AG or not will definitely factor into my next purchase.

I have an original rev of this monitor (A00?) and while I've heard others complain, I don't even notice the AG coating.

I thought I was immune to AG coating sparkles that others complain about, but I recently got a screen protector for my Galaxy S3 (BodyGuards HD Matte) and the sparkles are obnoxious. This is the first time I've seen them on any screen, though.

Back