XFX ProSeries 1000W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
XFX ProSeries 1000W Power Supply Review - XFX has a tremendously impressive track record here at HardOCP when it comes to enthusiast class PSUs. To date, four XFX PSU reviews, three Gold and one Silver Editor’s Choice Awards. Its new 1KW ProSeries PSU features no wires! No not like that, but rather on the inside. Let’s see if SolidLink Technology is award worthy.

Nice review! I have the 750W black series and its been pretty good so far.

You guys really do put out the best PSU reviews around. Nice read and it is nice to see high quality 1000 watts PSU getting in the low 200s range.

I've got an XFX PSU too (850W pro XXX edition), and just by the weight of the thing I was extremely impressed, as it weighs about seven pounds!

All I can say it's just super solid, when I set my Vcore to 1.25V with my asus board, it never goes to something else than 1.250V in measuring programs, regardless of system load.

I've got an XFX PSU too (850W pro XXX edition), and just by the weight of the thing I was extremely impressed, as it weighs about seven pounds!

All I can say it's just super solid, when I set my Vcore to 1.25V with my asus board, it never goes to something else than 1.250V in measuring programs, regardless of system load.

Don't be impressed by weight...in the past, and just recently manufacturers replaced the PFC with a block of cement to give their product more heft.

http://hardocp.com/news/2012/04/18/hantol_psu_contain_fake_pfc_made_cement

Do I see XFX becoming the new seasonic of PSU's...;) :p

Seriously though I had the XFX 850PRO XXX series and could not have been happier.

Kazaakas said:
When i first unpacked mine i thought the exact same thing, it is still good for peace of mind, albeit brick or not.

Back