Corsair Obsidian 550D Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Corsair Obsidian 550D posted at Vortez this morning that is definitely worth checking out.

As with other cases in the series, the 550D adopts a minimalist approach to case design, pushing for flair and elegance. The 550D focuses on providing users with sound isolation via noise damping and closed off panels, so if you are seeking a computer chassis with professional looks and silence in mind, the 550D could be ideal.

Have this case for about a month now. I cannot recommend it high enough. Especially with the new nvidia gpu's with the reference cooler taking the heat directly out of the case.

I personally use a asus 7850 in this case and it get to 60°C without an overclock which is reasonable I guess.

It's pretty quiet but I'm currently using the stock 2 corsair fans in front and the one in the back with also 2 GT AP15's on my heatsink.

The plan is to only put one GT AP15 on the heatsink, one AP15 on the back and 1 or 2 depending how much °C difference there is AP15's on the front.

Looks pretty damned brilliant to me. I have the 650D, and kinda would like this one better :)

Corsair has been on a roll the last few years. As much as can be Corsair in my machines is indeed Corsair, from the case to the RAM to the Power Supply to whatever else they sell. All of it has been top notch with no compromises.

I even have their top speaker set.

Have this case for about a month now. I cannot recommend it high enough. Especially with the new nvidia gpu's with the reference cooler taking the heat directly out of the case.

I personally use a asus 7850 in this case and it get to 60°C without an overclock which is reasonable I guess.

It's pretty quiet but I'm currently using the stock 2 corsair fans in front and the one in the back with also 2 GT AP15's on my heatsink.

The plan is to only put one GT AP15 on the heatsink, one AP15 on the back and 1 or 2 depending how much °C difference there is AP15's on the front.
which cpu and cpu cooler do use use? what temps are you getting? isn't enough silent for you?

Anandtech did a review not too long ago showing temps definitely suffer with this rig though (compared to the Antec 1100)

45471.png

45477.png

Anandtech did a review not too long ago showing temps definitely suffer with this rig though (compared to the Antec 1100)

To be fair, the 1100 is a high airflow case. The 550D is a silent case that can be converted to high airflow if desired.

To be fair, the 1100 is a high airflow case. The 550D is a silent case that can be converted to high airflow if desired.

This. If I take off my side panel (with Noctua 120mm at lowest setting) the temps drop by 2C or so on the GPU and my CPU's fan doesn't spin as fast. If I open the top a lot of warm air seems to flow out (no fan). With the side panel removed it is still rather quiet, though not silent.

It offers both; good air flow or low noise depending on your configuration. Though I doubt it will be able to cool as well even with all the panels opened, but probably enough to cool down most systems.

I am just waiting on Corsair tech support/CS to see if they can replace my USB ports/Audio jacks and whatnot. Been over a week with no updates.

Back