Help A Fellow [H] Reader Kickstarter His Game

HardOCP News

[H] News
Long time [H] reader and forum member "pyromaneyakk" is trying to fund development of his game Realm Explorer via Kickstarter and they need your help. Just $5 gets you the game when it is done and, if everyone pitches in, we can help them hit their $250k goal. Here is some pre-alpha footage of the game's character customization.

I wish him luck on the game, but to me, at first glance, this just looks like a Minecraft sandbox with updated graphics. Of course, maybe that's what people want. ;)

Check out our project descriptions and videos -- we are incorporating much more robust RPG-style gameplay (including a fully developed combat system and magic) and are planning to have special co-operative / competitive multiplayer game types to make things a little more interesting :)

i am in! but need LAN support, not internet bullcrap! and hope random map generator and quick save.....and no shitty DRM... i love tourchlight!, but hate D2's save system

I look at it this way, most of us can spare a few $$ to see a fellow [H]'er realize their dream.

$5 for a game is dirt cheap and the staisfaction of helping each other out is totally worth the price of admission.

If it was YOU, we'd all do the same thing. ;)

I look at it this way, most of us can spare a few $$ to see a fellow [H]'er realize their dream.

$5 for a game is dirt cheap and the staisfaction of helping each other out is totally worth the price of admission.

Looks like the $5 is all gone, but $15 still isn't too bad.

Nah, you wouldn't. My game would make Pac Man look like Crysis. :( I can't do art.

I'm going to go check it out. I need to wait for my new debit card (damn thieves) and I'll toss in the $15.

Looks like the $5 is all gone, but $15 still isn't too bad.
for those that are not particularly interested in this type of game .. you can still donate $1 to $14 to help out ... you just won't get a free copy of the game is all ..:)

i am in! but need LAN support, not internet bullcrap! and hope random map generator and quick save.....and no shitty DRM... i love tourchlight!, but hate D2's save system

As far as I know we have no plans to implement any sort of DRM functionality -- unless of course we release on Steam or similar distribution platform but I don't think we will be Steam exclusive even if we do sell through them.

As for multiplayer we should have LAN support as well as internet server browser. The server browser service will be hosted by us and as such we will probably have key code authentication before you can join a server that is registered with the server browser.

I can't say exactly how these systems will work as they haven't been developed yet but that's the idea. We are gamers and understand some of the annoyances of AAA game publishers (like having to have a disc in the drive to play which is totally unnecessary with modern games).

+1 on this. it's a good cause. I feel better about spending this $15 then $15 at my local cinema at the concession stand.

Going to try and be helpful and say that maybe a 3+ minute on a video boasting about being able to wear one boot or two should not be the opening incentive teaser to get people to spend money. You don't have to go all Michael Bay on it, but something more interesting would be helpful.

I'd love to support but I blew all of my "investing" funds on Wasteland 2. That sly devil Fargo got 150 bucks out of me for that game.

Good luck on the funding though! Looks interesting.

Going to try and be helpful and say that maybe a 3+ minute on a video boasting about being able to wear one boot or two should not be the opening incentive teaser to get people to spend money. You don't have to go all Michael Bay on it, but something more interesting would be helpful.

The video they chose to post is just one of our feature update videos -- I would suggest checking our Kickstarter page and/or YouTube channel if you want to see some of our other stuff. We will also be releasing an early playable demo to some video reviewers soon.

Here is our YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RealmSourceGames

Awesome seeing a [H]'er into serious gamemaking and not only gamemodding. :)

How about the [H] donates $5 for every Genmay lifetime subscription made ? :)

I mean, it's only idiot filter money, not income, pass them on. ;)

Already put in for this, I hope it succeeds. The premise is intriguing.

I'll take a look at this when I get home, if it turns out to be Minecraft on steroids, I'll pitch in a donation. I always like to support indie/low profile developers whenever possible, they do churn out some pretty good games now and then.

I'll take a look at this when I get home, if it turns out to be Minecraft on steroids, I'll pitch in a donation. I always like to support indie/low profile developers whenever possible, they do churn out some pretty good games now and then.

This. I went ahead and donated 15 to the cause. Good luck Pyro, hope this comes true for you guys.

There are a couple of indie devs on the [H] and it is always good to support your online buddies.

Back