Ghost Recon Alpha Short Film

HardOCP News

[H] News
That Ghost Recon Alpha live-action short film is now online for those of you interested. The video is just under twenty four minutes long and, to be honest, it is actually pretty good.

Three hour film please, add some back story, you have a blockbuster.

Well done! Must have been an additional seal team, their sniper was lying in wait... he could have had a been more useful than just notifying his commander 3 hummers were approaching check point. :eek:

Almost all of the actors speaking Russian are actual Russians or have a *very* good accent. Color me impressed.

Sat down, looked at the 24 minute length and chuckled. 24 minutes later, holy crap, that was fun to watch.

So... will they actually make a game worthy of the title (a tactical shooter), or just action flicks and crappy games?

Excellent.

This is before high level execs will inject their Hollywood opinion and ruin whatever would come of a full length movie.

Looks like the only thing Ubisoft's good at is hiring a great studio/staff/director for the short films of their games. I still remember the "prequel" mini-movie for AC2 (which is essentially 45 minutes long, 3 videos 15 minutes long for each).

Produced by Ubisoft... This is why Hollywood needs to stay out of these video games and leave it to the people who really know what people want to see. This was very enjoyable! Looking forward to more videos like this.

Damn, I was pissed that it ended! I really enjoyed that. Full length version please and leave Hollywood out of it!

Think they should just cancel all current and future ghost recons games, and stick to movie making.. That was pretty badass..

It's alright. They could add a Linkin Park tune and cast Megan Fox as one of the soldiers' ex-girlfriend and it'll be perfect.

Pretty impressive.

They did rather well for their Assassins Creed video too that they did a little bit ago.

UBISOFT could have a future in movies (unless they let Uwe Bowl direct another one (FarCry))

Back