Google's Cuddly Mother's Day Doodle

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Today is Mother’s Day in the US and many countries around the world and as tradition would have it, Google is celebrating the observance with a special doodle. If you have just awakened from a long sleep and didn’t know it is Mother’s Day, you are boned. :D No present? No Card? No problem, just pick up the phone and wish your Mother a happy day. Sometimes it means more that an expensive present…..only sometimes though. :p

One thing I noticed is the FATHER was missing from the animation...............

I doubt if they will recognize Fathers Day at all when it comes around.

One thing I noticed is the FATHER was missing from the animation...............

I doubt if they will recognize Fathers Day at all when it comes around.

she is not the dad's mom. Dad's assist with buying the gift for kids with no income. Once the kids have income for the gift... well.. the only thing dad is good for on mothers day is driving her all around town to see everyone.

are you being serious?

lol

are you being serious?

Seriously.
I would have done the doodle like this.

It would start with the big G and little G sharing a kiss; (big G of course is the father) and then the door cracks open and both Gs attention is drawn to the children (the Os). The father steps aside while the children embrace their mother. Ending in the picture of the complete family. What Google had yesterday was essentially a picture of what was called a broken home in the old days. A parent was missing.

After my wife woke yesterday morning, she was greeted by a bouquet of roses on the kitchen table along with her favorite chocolates and Mother's Day cards. She was surprised because I'm sure she thought I totally forgot about Mother's Day. She was happy and we hugged and kissed. My 1st grader seeing this did what he did when he was small. He ran up and forcing himself between us determined to be apart of the embrace. We laughed as his familiar antics and I secretly wishing he would never outgrow such affectionate expression as only a child could have. But I know soon he will.
And my wife knows soon little boys grow up and don't have time for being mothered.
And I know boys grow up to be young men and don't need Dad's help. And we remind each other that he will grow up and leave us one day. And sometimes I get very sad at that thought. But for now he is just a boy. And there are years still yet to be lived.
Mother's Day and Father's Day is just some time to make phone calls to elderly people that happen to be your parents. And express to your wife our husband how much you love an appreciate them. But the Magnum-Opus of a Mother and Father is their children.
Here is their life, their resources, and their heart. And that is the way it suppose to be.

it was the second sentence I was wondering why you felt that way

Looks like one "O" is bleeding, and the other has a runny nose. Yep, that be kids !

Back