Headhunting Firm Denies Blame for Yahoo CEO Mess

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
When Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson put the blame squarely on the shoulders of the headhunting firm for the screw-up in his resume, the firm Heidrick&Struggles shot back with your basic Liar, liar, pants on fire comment. The firm did not take kindly to being blamed for the CEO’s discrepancies and inaccuracy.

Thompson had told Yahoo employees that the Bio glitch was probably introduced by a junior staffer at an unnamed executive placement firm.

The only thing worse than lying on your resume...is getting caught and then publically blaming others for your lying.

Not likely.

Plus, this stuff happens a lot. I remember the Bellagio president got the axe (iirc it was the Bellagio) because he lied about his degree and it was found out years later.

Which is silly, if he's done a good job then so what. Obviously this has happened earlier in the Yahoo CEO's career.

Not likely.

Plus, this stuff happens a lot. I remember the Bellagio president got the axe (iirc it was the Bellagio) because he lied about his degree and it was found out years later.

Which is silly, if he's done a good job then so what. Obviously this has happened earlier in the Yahoo CEO's career.

If I steal from you, but you think you lost it, whats the big deal? The 'so what' is called integrity.

If I steal from you, but you think you lost it, whats the big deal? The 'so what' is called integrity.
Eh? With one narrow demographic exception, higher education is not correlated with CEO performance (not too surprising - we already know that markets are fairly efficient). In the best of all possible worlds, it would be against the law for the board to request a candidate's educational background.

Eh? With one narrow demographic exception, higher education is not correlated with CEO performance (not too surprising - we already know that markets are fairly efficient). In the best of all possible worlds, it would be against the law for the board to request a candidate's educational background.

Which makes it even more dumb to have lied.

Eh? With one narrow demographic exception, higher education is not correlated with CEO performance.

No, but having your CEO labelled as a liar and a cheat with questionable integrity can affect their performance or the company's desire to keep the person in a position of power.

I think that would be the primary reason people so often resign after a scandal, even if the scandal would be unlikely to affect their future performance and ability.

Wow, there's an executive placement firm you can give fake resumes to and get CEO jobs? Where do I sign up?

Back