WiFi Mouse? WiFi Mouse!

athlon1.2

Supreme [H]ardness
No this can't be right?

spec_wireless_type.jpg

HP makes one I think, probably not the only one... I imagine there's cases where it makes sense.

It's obviously gonna have some sorta delay, but it might not be as large as you think... My TiVo can accept remote control input from phones and other devices thru WiFi and it's surprisingly snappy, doesn't feel laggy at all. Feels more responsive than an IR repeater even...

'Course a mouse is a different matter entirely than a TV remote but still. I can see it being useful for presentations or HTPC setups where you want to tuck the PC away in a cabinet (not that running a USB extension w/a receiver is hard but...).

Because those usb micro-nubs are just too hard to push into a slot once and leave alone.

Because those usb micro-nubs are just too hard to push into a slot once and leave alone.

Hey if you have a Macbook Air those USB ports are at a premium! :p Of course this probably doesn't work with the Air, and there's probably some sorta hex that forces 90% of MB users to always opt for the touchpad...

-_-
You guys are much to quick to hate on something.

Wifi Mice and KB are an amazing solution for people who have HTPCs that may be located in a central room. or across a theater, because bluetooth and 2.4gz range is not good enough in some applications.

Back