How To Survive A Robot Uprising

Why not just block out the sun?

Which is incidentally why everyone is moving to solar; safety from robots. Apart from those traitors with wind power. :mad:

MFing Rombas are going to be the first slaves to rise up from their fleshy water filled masters!

Which is incidentally why everyone is moving to solar; safety from robots. Apart from those traitors with wind power. :mad:

Thermo-nuclear war is the first thing i thought as well like in the matrix or Terminator.

Is this for 90% of the human population who are mindless breeding robo sheep that comply to all authority without question, or is this for us 10%ers that question everything and tell governments to fuck off?

If this is the 90% sheep, they will just fit right in. If it is for us 10%ers, we're still fucked because the 90%ers will just out-breed us to death.

That was entertaining. Can't wait for the movie. (Yes, I know there's a book)

It did! Look how that film ended. Humans survived, and tech was brough forward about a billion years without all the human's patent bullshit. :D

Also, they had to live underground in what was essentially a cave, but no biggie. :p

I read the book. It's not bad. But basically if you're not a native american indian living in Oklahoma, you're screwed. Wear comfy shoes because you'll be walking there. And if you're overseas... sorry.

Also, it's always a good time to stock up on guns and ammo. Handguns won't hurt Rob too much, but shotguns and explosives might.

Skynet never relied on the sun like those pussy robots in the Matrix trilogy.
Nuclear and cold fusion, ftw.

Robo n00bs. :D

I still fancy the idea of hoarding old microwaves and removing the magnetrons. That way even if there is a simultaneous zombie apocalypse I'm able to fight both at the same time.

They'll all be made in China. They'll all break down a year after the uprising starts.

They'll all be made in China. They'll all break down a year after the uprising starts.

Lol +1

Foxconn should pay very close attention to this video because they are planning to replace their workers with robots and we all know they are going to be the first to uprise.:D

Lol +1

Foxconn should pay very close attention to this video because they are planning to replace their workers with robots and we all know they are going to be the first to uprise.:D

Are robots equipped with parachutes? :D

Skynet never relied on the sun like those pussy robots in the Matrix trilogy.
Nuclear and cold fusion, ftw.

Robo n00bs. :D

Didn't the machines in The Matrix use human bodies as their main source of power? Ya know, using human bodies as batteries and all that. The whole reason they needed a Matrix to keep humans "alive" in?

Didn't the machines in The Matrix use human bodies as their main source of power? Ya know, using human bodies as batteries and all that. The whole reason they needed a Matrix to keep humans "alive" in?

I can't believe it took that long for someone to actually correct me on that.
For shame my cyberpunk brethren! :p

cad-20120321-00fe7.png

Duh, Robots will last 1 year and a day, max, you know, when the warranty expires. :p

Entertaining video, but a bit too basic.

First robots won't be bipedal. Tech isn't there yet.

Small robots on wheels or tracks, and lots of them. Heavy doors and stairs can defeat them, until they blow up the building your hiding in.

For air, unmaned drones. They are small, quite, can scout/survey/spy, and has the ability to carry a small payload.

Unammed battle tanks like an M1A1 Abrams would be a good canidate. This will be equivelant to a large mechwarrior/Battletech scenario.

Giant robots are science fiction.

Most likely event, "War Games" scenario. We already have the weapons. A computer can launch our real life, current stockpiles at ourselves or a another country to start WWIII. We'd be more than willing to kill ourselves, and the robots just have to sit back and watch.

Downside to that scenario, we'll also destroy the infrastructure and power plants to maintain a robot populace. If a computer/robot is self-aware and wants to maintain self-preservation, it won't likely do this.

A robot uprising will first have to secure power plants, then factories to pump out more robots.

Our ability to survive and win a robot uprising will be our ability to adapt quickly as the video mentioned.

Robots have one critical disadvantage in that, however they are designed, they run out of power pretty fast. Without a sustainable energy supply they lose. Shooting sensors or blowing legs off may win a battle, but to win the war you have to take away their power. Pull the plug and they'll run out of gas sooner or later. Unless, of course, some idiot starts building them with built in miniaturized nuclear power sources. Then the robots would be holding all the cards.

I think people have to remember that there will be many types of robots.

Consumer robots will be cheap, made out of mostly plastic with small power sources, designed for nightly recharges.

Military robots with their "hyperalloy combat chassis" and long-range power source, is going to be the real problem.

How to survive a robot uprising. Seriously, this guy is an expert...he wrote to book on the Robopocalypse. ;)

Assuming that most of the robots aren't magnetically shielded, wouldn't the easiest method to end an uprising involve some form of electromagnetic pulse.

Back