Mechwarrior Online, anyone looking foward?

Who is interested in MWO?

• Yes

Votes: 153 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 68 23.6%
  • Never heard of it.

Votes: 30 10.4%

• Total voters
I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a pay2win format.

lol

GL with that. Gaming, with very few exceptions, will overcome with "monetizing techniques" which suck the life out of it for me.

Gone is the simple days of yore when we could just buy a fucking game and play it until the new game, with a NEW ENGINE and updated gameplay, came out.

I sincerely hope this game does not follow that trend but yeah.....

Yes. It's hard for me to ignore my love for battletech but I can't deny I have some trepidation about the whole thing.

IGN has new videos for MWO:

Light mech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pwg3UD515s&feature=plcp

Heavy Mech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2EZZ7Rf8ug&feature=plcp

Assault Mech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMzYJmm0Vpo&feature=plcp

General preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWtkCWEPFnw&feature=plcp

Looking good, I just hope because it's alpha that's why they don't have environmental destruction. That is one thing that stood otu to me, the way you have lasers and giant mechs walking around those small tree's and they never break or anything. Really hope they have it in later on.

Hell, the trees should ignite if the lasers are close enough

Thanks for the links

What is this demonry!

Looks cool, been forever since I have played a Mechwarrior game or mech type game. Was a huge fan of Battletech on the Genesis.

Last edited:
love the mechwarrior series, but i just don't know how well it will work as an mmo, so i'm definitely waiting til it finally comes out before i make up my mind.

Hell yea I'm lookin forward to it!!
There hasn't been a decent mech game in ages, and the mechwarrior crysis mod didn't pan out as as well as I hoped.

love the mechwarrior series, but i just don't know how well it will work as an mmo, so i'm definitely waiting til it finally comes out before i make up my mind.

It's not an mmo in the sense they have some big open world or anything, you play in matches, there's persistant stats/lv'ing for yoru pilot but the battlefield isn't a persistant world or anything.

I've been looking forward to this for a long time. Seems like I reserved my name forever ago. I really wish the game would come out now. But I hope they stay true to the not being a pay2win game.

Not really a mmo but their was a game back on genie in the 90s, used the first mechwarrior game engine. Sure didn't have the numbers of a game today but there were several hundred people who played. It could work, all depends on the design IMO. EGA MPBT was kind of persistent. There would be wars planned between the five houses, planets would be captured and new supply and attack routes would open. If I remember correctly if you lost to many worlds your military mechs would start to degrade as you no longer had access to the parts to repair them. At the end when one house was declared the victor there would be a reset back to the traditional territories each house owned in 3025. Your character did not reset however. Any cbills and mechs you had earned you kept. Then a new war would be planned and fought, repeat.

Had planet capture, supply lines, merc contracts, troop movement and the biggest item...a real live player based chain of command. There was nothing to stop you from moving up in the ranks to become the house leader if you so wished. Except other players who also wanted it of course :D

Not really a mmo but their was a game back on genie in the 90s, used the first mechwarrior game engine. Sure didn't have the numbers of a game today but there were several hundred people who played. It could work, all depends on the design IMO. EGA MPBT was kind of persistent. There would be wars planned between the five houses, planets would be captured and new supply and attack routes would open. If I remember correctly if you lost to many worlds your military mechs would start to degrade as you no longer had access to the parts to repair them. At the end when one house was declared the victor there would be a reset back to the traditional territories each house owned in 3025. Your character did not reset however. Any cbills and mechs you had earned you kept. Then a new war would be planned and fought, repeat.

Had planet capture, supply lines, merc contracts, troop movement and the biggest item...a real live player based chain of command. There was nothing to stop you from moving up in the ranks to become the house leader if you so wished. Except other players who also wanted it of course :D

http://www.thecomputershow.com/computershow/reviews/multibattletech.htm

Words cannot express my excitement for this game, even more so after I read the dev blogs.

have you guys seen hawken? Personally think it looks better mechanic wise. . .

check it out :)

The gameplay videos seem to indicate that they're on the right-ish track. They aren't taking MechWarrior and trying to turn it into Quake Arena (as the Hawken guys are doing), but it's hard to gauge how sim-y the game is without more details.

It's free-to-play, though, so it's not like I'll get burned trying it.

have you guys seen hawken? Personally think it looks better mechanic wise. . .

check it out :)

Hawken plays more like say, Heavy Gear then Mechwarrior. It's more fast paced focused then sim, but it does look fun and personally I am looking forward to boht.

No, mostly because its MP. I'm expecting them to screw it up.

I am looking forward to it, I was a huge MW III fan and spent many hours playing on Starlance ladders. I hope its more sim then arcade but we will see.

No, because I want single player, story driven, with good long campaign mech game, and not another MP game

Play MM:LL, it will change your opinion
It's free (If you have Crysis wars)

Oh I have, it's pretty good.

No, because I want single player, story driven, with good long campaign mech game, and not another MP game

However, I want this. I want a Mechwarrior revisit with a great SP campaign and story line. I'd be ok if it also has MP, but MW should be a SP game at its base.

I'm looking forward to it. Big MW2-MW3 player back in the day.

Since it will be free to play, I'll give it a shot then pay for it if it's good.

I was pretty excited about it at first since I have done nothing but read the Battletech books for a little under a year so far, but as time goes on I just know that if I play I am going to get destroyed. I do not have the time I used to have to play games. I will be there when it comes out but I really want a single player campaign or coop campaign with a decent story to go along with it.

One of my favorite games is MWII Mercenaries.
I was a badass piloting a Daishi in multiplayer MW4 Black Knight, Vengance, and Mercenaries :)

So yeah I hope it's good.

However, I want this. I want a Mechwarrior revisit with a great SP campaign and story line. I'd be ok if it also has MP, but MW should be a SP game at its base.

I disagree with this so fucking hard it's not even funny.

First and last of all, the BattleTech universe is probably one of the BEST settings for an MMO type of game and Piranha is doing just that by making it faction based mech warfare simulator in a living timeline. How can it not be cool? I can understand that you probably want to preserve the story telling side of things with SP but you're getting that in a F2P MMO game.

Looking forward to this. I don't mind if its a F2P model , Tribes Ascend proves you can do these kinds of well respected franchises with a newer financial model.

I love Mech games.

i find the progression of BattleTech universe to be some what saddening. i want the days of MadMaxTech back when Mechs and technology were valuable and scarce, handed down from father to son and determined your social status.

Im excited for the game though. im actually glad its free to play so it costs me nothing up front and i can play it at will without feeling bad about droping $50 on something i may not have time to play anyhoo.

no....Free to play means....it's free lol.

you can d/l the game an dplay for free without paying a cent, however you can buy tiny things (in many online games it's cosmetic items, in some it's items that can give you a head start but items that can be unlocked by everyone eventually).

I kind of forgot about MechWarrior Tactics. I really enjoyed Mechcommander 2 so hopefully Tactics is as good or even better.

Back