File-Sharing Church Weds First Couple

HardOCP News

[H] News
Just great, now they are going to start breeding. :eek:

Earlier this year the Church of Kopimism was approved by the authorities as an official religion. Since then, the movement has gathered thousands of believers across the world and two of them have now entered into a “Kopimist” marriage. The Church encourages the newlyweds to “copy and remix some DNA-cells and create a new human being.”

That's my new religion you're making fun of there. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to praying to my god. Whoever he is. Pretty sure it's Linus Torvalds.

meditating-on-utorrent.png

A religion more ridiculous than Scientology.

But I am sure Anonymous loves these guys.

I can see future arguments:

"And if this were still the age of usenet, you would not DARE insult my faith!"

A religion more ridiculous than Scientology.

But I am sure Anonymous loves these guys.

Makes more sense than Christianity. Scientology is actually right on par with Christianity in terms of ridiculousness imo. Talking snakes, zombies, and all of the worlds animals coexisting on the biggest boat ever created? What? :confused:

Makes more sense than Christianity. Scientology is actually right on par with Christianity in terms of ridiculousness imo. Talking snakes, zombies, and all of the worlds animals coexisting on the biggest boat ever created? What? :confused:
I think a supreme being aspect automatically covers those. If a supreme being can't do whatever he feels like, then he's not too supreme, is he? But 747's from space is a different level of suspension of disbelief. Just bad sci-fi.

But 747's from space is a different level of suspension of disbelief.

I hope there aren't any snakes on that space plane! If there are, the Supreme Samuel L. Jackson will have to save us.

Come to think if it, Scientology might have a few parallels with more mainstream religions.

Believing in people takes a hell of a lot of faith, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

A metaphor is a literary figure of speech that describes a subject by asserting that it is, on some point of comparison, the same as another otherwise unrelated object. Metaphor is a type of analogy and is closely related to other rhetorical figures of speech that achieve their effects via association, comparison or resemblance including allegory, hyperbole, and simile.

The bible is the ultimate Rorschach test. Believers take what they want and ignore what they don't. You've evangelicals that tell us the world can't be more than 6,000 years old and claim to believe the whole thing, (they don't, when was the last time you heard one marry their daughter to her rapist, or sell their children into slavery?) and "moderates" who've basically thrown the whole thing out, but still try to tell us there is some good in a book full of misogyny, incest, murder, rape, genocide... and on and on with the ills.

No one moral gets their morality from the bible. We know better.

But the single most immoral thing the bible and christianity tries to tell us, is that god made us wrong, that we are sinners and need to be saved. Saved from what? Saved from him. God is supposed to be omnipotent, if he could have made any world he wanted, why that?

It isn't 747s, I thought it was DC-10s. Still hilarious, until you realize that people actually believe that shit.

Jesus was the first Kopimist. Copy pasta fishes, copy pasta loaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

A metaphor is a literary figure of speech that describes a subject by asserting that it is, on some point of comparison, the same as another otherwise unrelated object. Metaphor is a type of analogy and is closely related to other rhetorical figures of speech that achieve their effects via association, comparison or resemblance including allegory, hyperbole, and simile.

If you are implying that the stuff in the Bible is all metaphorical, I hate to break it to you but there are a good number of people out there who actually believe everything in the Bible is true, word for word.

If you are implying that the stuff in the Bible is all metaphorical, I hate to break it to you but there are a good number of people out there who actually believe everything in the Bible is true, word for word.

Indeed. I happen to be one of them, though I don't believe the earth is only 6,000 years old. I also happen to believe that it's up to everyone to make up their own minds as to whether or not to believe whatever they want. I can wholeheartedly disagree with someone like Decibel, and I do believe some of his assertions here are in error,and were it not something to take the thread off topic I would like to correct those assertions. Decibel, if you are interested in discussing some of these points you can PM me and I will be happy to explain anything you may have questions about.

Regardless of such disagreement with any individual, I firmly believe all individuals are entitled to believe, or not, as they see fit. All I would ask for is the same level or respect in kind from those who would disagree. People often mock and ridicule what they do not understand, more often than not out of fear. I would prefer people ask questions.

Now to the topic at hand, there's a bit of an error in the quote. DNA is not a cell. DNA is a molecule within the cellular nucleus.

Back