Boozy Aerosol Promises to get You Drunk Instantly

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we have to give you at least one booze related article. Scientists who obviously have nothing better to research, have developed an aerosol spray that will get you drunk for a short period of time, with an equally short recovery period. A perfect solution for those who need to make a stupid decision in a hurry. :D

According to the UK’s Daily Mail, the Wahh Quantum Sensations will go on sale in Europe shortly. Each spray can will contain 21 “shots,” and will set you back 20 Euros (the equivalent of $26 USD).

It's a product designed for the stupid. Great marketing potential.

I can fill my mouth with vodka, but I'm not going to get a buzz until a swallow it, and repeat. I don't believing that misting your mouth with booze will do anything.

I am kind of curious what will happen with this when someone uses way too much, or too quick as alcohol is a rather nasty drug to overdose on and in theory this should be quiet easy to use to overdose.

I can fill my mouth with vodka, but I'm not going to get a buzz until a swallow it, and repeat. I don't believing that misting your mouth with booze will do anything.

If you held vodka in your mouth and only spat it out then it would still effect you as ethanol passes through the mucus membrane in the mouth like many other chemicals thus why sublingual medications work.

.075ml of alcohol is not enough to give you any sort of drunken sensation......it's a waste of money

If you held vodka in your mouth and only spat it out then it would still effect you as ethanol passes through the mucus membrane in the mouth like many other chemicals thus why sublingual medications work.

That might work for drugs where the effective dose is micrograms. This leaves out alcohol.

That might work for drugs where the effective dose is micrograms. This leaves out alcohol.

agreed, you don't get a buzz off of holding a little vodka in your mouth and then spitting it out..... it takes several shots of real liquor before I get anything worth speaking of

agreed, you don't get a buzz off of holding a little vodka in your mouth and then spitting it out..... it takes several shots of real liquor before I get anything worth speaking of

I did not mention the amount of vodka or required time to hold, obviously it would require holding enough vodka in the mouth long enough for the required dose to be absorbed, i was explaining that it is possible and i did not suggest that it could be effective or even a good idea.

I guess its possible you could get drunk from this. It's bypassing the digestive system and going straight to the blood stream. Bypassing the liver? so .075ml of pure alcholol straight into systems could have a kick to it.

But it doesn't absorb that fast, and that's still a miniscule dosage.

I'm calling BS on the article.

If it were true, people who do taste tests on alcoholic beverages would notice the effect. They don't.

But it doesn't absorb that fast, and that's still a miniscule dosage.

I'm calling BS on the article.

If it were true, people who do taste tests on alcoholic beverages would notice the effect. They don't.

I think the idea is that since it is atomized you will breath it in. Thus getting straight into your bloodstream through your lungs.

I did not mention the amount of vodka or required time to hold, obviously it would require holding enough vodka in the mouth long enough for the required dose to be absorbed, i was explaining that it is possible and i did not suggest that it could be effective or even a good idea.

no you are right, you completely ignored the part that everyone could clearly read that said it dispenses .075ml of alcohol per pump

so like i said, not enough to do shit

Even if this product did "work", $26 for 21 "shots" that only last a few seconds each... what is the point? I don't even care about the technical reasons this may or may not work as advertised. The product as described just seems incredibly stupid. If I wanted to get a buzz from alcohol, I could do it for a hell of a lot less than $26, and have it last longer. It's like someone went out of their way to come up with something dumber than whip-its.

I think the idea is that since it is atomized you will breath it in. Thus getting straight into your bloodstream through your lungs.

The article says nothing about breathing it. It says it coats your mouth.

Even if you made an effort to breath it into your lungs, I still doubt you'd get even a momentary buzz. However, if you injected the dose straight into the blood, it might work as advertised, a quick and short buzz.

no you are right, you completely ignored the part that everyone could clearly read that said it dispenses .075ml of alcohol per pump

so like i said, not enough to do shit

But if you take too many you wake up with a 3 second hangover. :p

The article says nothing about breathing it. It says it coats your mouth.

Even if you made an effort to breath it into your lungs, I still doubt you'd get even a momentary buzz. However, if you injected the dose straight into the blood, it might work as advertised, a quick and short buzz.

you would be better off eating hand sanitizer, it's cheap and acceptable to carry anywhere, even to school, and is 120 proof

Only way this could possibly work is if they made it so you could inhale the alcohol. The dosages involved may sound small, but our digestive tract is actually a really poor way for alcohol to get into our blood stream. A more direct route into the bloodstream greatly reduces the amount of alcohol required to get a buzz going (and that buzz will go away quicker because there isn't a constant slow dribble of alcohol being fed in from the digestive tract).

Just to put it into perspective... going to town on a bottle of wine might get you fairly drunk and leave you with one hell of a hangover, but it's not going to kill you.

If taken anally rather than orally, that same quantity of wine will kill you within minutes of alcohol poisoning. And before you ask, yes, someone has tried a wine enema, and it did kill them.

ow gawd, f 'ing hell, motherf***er, retarded big mouth nailed to a couple of planks (that jebus fucking thing)... about one and a fucking half of stoli bottles later... wtf is this shit? is/are u people mad? gawd the fucking hangover.. f'ing hell.. theres still half a bottle in the freezer.. mmmMMMMmmmMm.. feeling tipsy already...

..but it's not going to kill you..

yes i know that.. <sigh..>

Here's a better solution: get hold of some 120-proof vodka. Mix it with psyllium fiber (medicine section of any grocery store). Mix it to a gel-like consistency, put it into a washed hand-sanitizer bottle. There you go, homemade hand sanitizer that's safe to drink. Better than safe, it'll keep you regular, lift your mood, and relieve your rheumatism. Best of all, you can carry it around at any school or in front of any Baptist.

Back