Antec Supports Leukemia Patient with PC-Building Kit

HardOCP News

[H] News
Antec supports leukemia patient with PC-building kit featuring hardware from LANFest, Kingston, and Gigabyte. In support of his recovery from leukemia and desire to build his own PC, Antec has teamed up with LANFest, Kingston, and Gigabyte to provide Jethenro with a PC-building kit. The specs and hardware providers are as follows:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k provided by LANFest
  • GPU: GTX 560 Ti provided by Gigabyte
  • Motherboard: Z77X-UD3H provided by Gigabyte
  • RAM: HyperX Blu 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 provided by Kingston
  • SSD: HyperX SH100S3/120GB provided by Kingston
  • Case: Eleven Hundred provided by Antec
  • Power Supply: HCP-750 provided by Antec
  • CPU Cooler: KUHLER H2O 620 provided by Antec
Jethenro has elected to build the system on his own and learn more about PCs in hope of pursuing an IT or Computer Engineering degree. He is currently a student at South Texas College in McAllen, Texas.

We need more feel good stories like this. Congrats to sponsoring companies and good luck to Jethenro.

That is a nice story, Me I'm trying to slowly get the parts together for a water cooled 4-way GTX590 system for crunching numbers on Seti@Home, but with My income that's going to take a bit, but then I'm severely disabled and My SSI income so far doesn't exceed $854.40 a month, but It does give Me something to do to keep from going insane out here. :eek:

That is a nice story, Me I'm trying to slowly get the parts together for a water cooled 4-way GTX590 system for crunching numbers on Seti@Home, but with My income that's going to take a bit, but then I'm severely disabled and My SSI income so far doesn't exceed $854.40 a month, but It does give Me something to do to keep from going insane out here. :eek:

I used to do SETI, ~10 years ago, but why not Fold instead? Do something useful?

I used to do SETI, ~10 years ago, but why not Fold instead? Do something useful?

If I wanted to protein folding I could do it under the Boinc interface(Gpugrid), last I looked Folding was very disorganized(no offense), each instance had to be started by itself, seems tedious to Me, besides I like the company I keep and I like doing radio astronomy, which is essentially what Seti@Home is.
user_2830.gif

Back