Amazon To Make Its Own Show?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Got an idea for a TV show? Submit it to Amazon and make some big money if they go with your idea.

Budding TV writers will be able to submit their pitches for new series to Amazon, where its Amazon Studios unit, launched in 2010, will review them and pick about one per month to develop further. Part of the process will involve getting feedback from viewers to gauge their interest in seeing the ideas turned into fully fledged shows.

Amazon is going to choose 1 series to produce every month? That's a lot of shows...

1 idea to "develop further". Which I expect means going from a concept submission to a sample script or something similar, not a full blown show production.

Someone should make a huge online petition for Amazon to fund a continuation of Firefly. As long as the original writers/directors/cast are involved. Will never happen. But a petition would give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Someone should make a huge online petition for Amazon to fund a continuation of Firefly. As long as the original writers/directors/cast are involved. Will never happen. But a petition would give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Honestly if they ever do remake the show we'd all have so much expectations I feel like we'd be let down. Hard.

I don't actually want them to do Firefly. Seriously, someone would just spoil it with shark jumping filler.

Blue Mountain State ..

This is the obvious transition for Netflix/Amazon/Hulu to do. It's probably way cheaper to make their own shows/movies over paying the extortionist rates of the big producers. Online classics have proven it can work.

If Amazon really wanted to make a splash w/original content, they should pick up Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome from those cheap d-bags at SyFy.

I have a few ideas, but not really enough of a storyline. There are a lot of post-apocalyptic movies out there. And a lot of them that lead up to the end, but nothing during (other than the slightly less than end of the world Jericho). I'd like to see one where the bombs fall, and there are survivors. It's work great in a Terminator universe, but others would need a bit more back story...

Back