GeForce GTX 670 Spotted?

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a picture making the rounds on the internet today of what is supposedly a MSI GTX 670 video card. Could be real, could be fake but one thing is for sure, the word "display" is spelled wrong on the box in the picture. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

There is a picture making the rounds on the internet today of what is supposedly a MSI GTX 670 video card. Could be real, could be fake but one thing is for sure, the word "display" is spelled wrong on the box in the picture. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

holler!

very excited to see what this card can do !

looks like a chinese knock off box, bet theres a 570 in there with a fake GTX 670 sticker on it.

or maybe MSI just sent all the screwed up boxes to asia where no one would notice the mistake :D

Shouldn't it be "3 year warranty"? Otherwise 3 years of warranty

the mistakes in the other picture are just piss poor translating.

Shopped --

the distortion around "Dispaly port" is too linear and straight in the one area right where they would have cut out the original.

That, or like someone said, it's a very poor knockoff with some cheap chinese crap inside.

I'm pretending that this is real and I want one because Dispaly Port on a box would be a neat collectors item imo! lol

That looks like typical MSI box engrish to me. I just snapped this picture of an MSI box on my desk.

2152012_05_01_10_05_15_79.jpg

Maybe its just me but I couldn't find Waldo on that last screenie

I bet you can buy this right now from the back of a pick up and there is a brick inside. :)

Looks like a great buy! Can't wait to see this on someones shelf next to their solid wood iPad.

Looks like Nvidia wanted to make a very short card. The fan is near the edge of the card, so the connectors had to be moved to the center.

7d0fH.jpg

2CS8m.jpg

kXyPq.jpg

looks like a ES sample to me im going to say real and the box is mostly just first run test etc

GTX 670 ... wasn't that supposed to be the 650Ti? :D More seriously, the rumored specs are so close to the 680, would be surprised if it was less than $400.

Rumors put it at or just over $400.

Which unless proven wrong and it's a whole lot less expensive... say $300 or less... I'm not interested at this point.

I have money in my pocket to buy a video card, but refuse to pay the $100 jack up from the last generation's release. I can outwait them.

I have money in my pocket to buy a video card, but refuse to pay the $100 jack up from the last generation's release. I can outwait them.

Feel the same way here. I would like someone who has a GTX470 to show what the performance difference is going to the GTX670 or 670Ti.

GTX 670 ... wasn't that supposed to be the 650Ti? :D More seriously, the rumored specs are so close to the 680, would be surprised if it was less than $400.

I'll say $350-380. The 680 could have went for $550 but they sold it for less.
This has demostrated that nV is willing to sell a faster card at lower/competitive prices.

nV may follow the 500 series pricing tiers that was pretty fair to consumers.

It will be 399, and yes they are already in stock at almost all the frys electronics. MSI version. The Specs are so close to gtx 680, I highly doubt there will be any place to fit a Ti version in there.

It will be 399, and yes they are already in stock at almost all the frys electronics. MSI version. The Specs are so close to gtx 680, I highly doubt there will be any place to fit a Ti version in there.

You work at fry's? Is the price in the system or something?

Well, guess the $415 pricing is Canada is true after all. Thanks, might just pick up a 7950 for $350 instead.

well for us canadians you can get 7950 for 350 at ncix. i was considering it but went with gtx 680 because i dont really plan to oc and prefer nvidia drivers over amd.

was the 670 ti ever really confirmed? and where would you find a 7950 for 350?

Sold out last night. Was there for an entire week at $350.
http://ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?webid=16thAnniversary

well for us canadians you can get 7950 for 350 at ncix. i was considering it but went with gtx 680 because i dont really plan to oc and prefer nvidia drivers over amd.
Ya...considering most of the other 7950s are $400, I might just end up waiting for a GTX670 instead. Gonna go check my local shops to see if they've got it in stock. Managed to grab my Sandy Bridge two weeks before release, so you never know.

Not on Newegg so I dunno.

Waiting for the 660ti I guess or whatever the $150-200 card is. Honestly my GTX 460 still does pretty well OC'd

This is kind of underwhelming with the 670 so close to the 680 in both price and performance. I don't see the point of buying a graphics card for 300$+... but since I don't want to buy from last generation and my graphics card just died I don't know what to do. I'd wait for 660 (ti?) but from what I've heard the gap will be several months from now? Can anyone confirm this?

GTX 670 very small short card? (pcb ends at where 6+6 pins, extra for reference fan only)
wow...

224240h4tde2ooj47jyjeu.jpg

224241fmfzu9k7k5k2v2zh.jpg

Holy crap. That thing's almost as short as the PCIe slot. Nice! I wonder if they'd consider making a single slot version of the card that goes a little longer in exchange for a big (read: not as loud) blower fan. Or is there not enough interest in high powered single slot gaming?

Ha, I didn't catch that before. The length is just the fan! The plug are at the end of the pcb. Not sure if legit for 670 ... did you say $400 for that?

Last edited:
Ha, I didn't catch that before. The length is just the fan! The plug are at the end of the pcb. Not sure if legit for 670 ... did you say $400 for that?

GTX 680 is cheap looking pcb and people throw money away on it all the time.

GTX 670 very small short card? (pcb ends at where 6+6 pins, extra for reference fan only)
wow...

224240h4tde2ooj47jyjeu.jpg

224241fmfzu9k7k5k2v2zh.jpg
That design has me a little worried about the memory capacity and the O/C potential of the card. It will be a little difficult to determine unless we see the other side of the PCB.

Concerns:
1. Location of power connection and VRM's. As it stands, it looks like that circuitry will be limited making O/C's limited, or it might block placement of RAM chips on the front of the board.

2. Half of the RAM chips aren't populated on the back side alone and there might not be many more on the front side either (see point #1). The GTX 680 2GB has 8 256MB GDDR5 chips on it, and the GTX 680 4GB that I have seen so far have 16 256MB GDDR5 chips on it (8 on front, 8 on back). If this card uses the same chips on it, it only has 1GB of RAM. Let's hope there is additional RAM on the front of the card, or those modules are actually 512MB.

Back