FS: Spyder III Pro Laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister E

2[H]4U
http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Spyder_III_Pro_Arctic_Series-96-37.html

$250 shipped. Package includes - Safety manual, safety lens, regular lens, safety glasses with storage case & cleaning cloth, battery charger, battery, carrying case.

This laser costs at least $340 shipped (unless u get a special) and takes at least 6 weeks.

Price lowered to $235 shipped.

Price lowered to $230 shipped.

Price lowered to $225 shipped. SOLD

Last edited:
I just bought one of these myself. It draws a crowd! If you're in the market this laser, I highly recommend buying from someone who has already imported it. If you order directly from Wicked Lasers (China), there is a real risk that US Customs will detain or destroy your package.

Just make sure you wear those safety glasses if you're shining it around the house. A split second of direct exposure to the eye is enough to do instantaneous, permanent damage. It happens so fast, the damage is done faster than your blink reflex. If you can handle a handgun, you can handle this laser. Observe the same rules. Never point this at a person or vehicle. Don't point it at animal, unless you want to blind it. And pointing it at an aircraft is now a federal crime. Three pilots a day report being hit with lasers.

That's not to say you can't play with it. The training lens + low power mode are very safe. Even low power (the default setting every time the Arctic powers on) with the standard lens is pretty safe. I use high power on the trails, at the lake, and while burning things in the house. :D

I posted my initial experience here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f41/my-wicked-lasers-experience-73871.html#post1066766
(Ignore the anti-WL sentiment on LPF. They make homemade lasers on that forum. It's like someone on [H] giving people shit for buying factory built computers.)

I recommend picking up a second pair of safety glasses, so you can burn things with friends: http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/cheap-safety-glasses-tested-71621.html

Last edited:
Still for sale. Would like to sell instead of trade. Feel free to make an offer either here or in PM.

Read a story about some poor kid that bought one of these, went in the bathroom, turned off all the lights and made his own laser show. Beam reflected off the mirror, and kid said his vision went instantly blurry... afraid to tell parents so he waited two days. By then he was nearly blind. Doctors said nothing they could do for him.

Scary how fast, and how much damage these things can do. I'm sure the're cool for something in the hands of the right people. But terrifying to think of some kid out there flashing this at people for kicks.

High power lasers kind of scare me. There is currently hardly any regulations, so almost anyone can get their hands on one for merely a couple Benjamins. If someone wanted to, they can easily blind a bunch of people in crowded place. They can hide and snipe blind people from long distances too. Kind of makes me want to wear my safety glasses at all times on the off chance some asshole/idiot shines a high power laser my way.

I'm not selling this laser to kids. I'm offering it for sale to other [H]ard|Forum members who are responsible enough to choose for themselves. I am also including all of the safety gear that comes with the laser. If you don't have anything to add to my thread besides bullshit, please see your ass to the door and do not post in here again otherwise you will be reported for trolling.

Here let me make it clear the next person to post something other than I want to buy or a direct question from a person interested in buying will be banned. Dont think it can be any clearer than that.

Looking for any trades? I've got some hardware lieing around I'm not using, if I can trade some stuff to drop the $$$ price low enough I'm interested...

Sorry Ashton but I have a sale in progress. If things don't work out (I'm about 95% sure it will) I may consider trade but it would be a graphics related trade only.

Thanks again to my interested party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back