Facebook Unveiling 'Life-Saving Tool' Tomorrow

HardOCP News

[H] News
Supposedly Facebook is going to unveil what they call a "life-saving tool" tomorrow. We have a sneak peek at this one button tool that will supposedly give your life back...it's called the "red X" and it is located in the upper right hand corner of your browser.

Most likely a latitude copy. As a motorcyclist who is always forgetting to call home it is nice to have latitude.

Zing, indeed. Haven't been on a social media site since 2006 and haven't regretted it one minute (unless you count Linkedin). In addition to the huge invasion of privacy and data mining, I find it encourages frivolity and rumor-mongering as opposed to in-depth thought and interaction. Give me a real conversation or quality topic-focused message board any day.

I do think we're at a turning point with all this crap, however. The reactionary camp is becoming stronger and stronger which usually means a social trend is on its way out (or will morph into something else). Now if I just knew what that "next thing" is I'd cash in and be sitting on a beach earning 12% sometime next year :)

is it the all-in-one button that deletes all history and all accounts on Facebook, enabling you to resume real life?

i second the seconding of the motion to proclaim ZING.

according to the rules of the internet since the thread has not yet godwinned yet, the ZINGs have it.

so shall this be considered a full ZING with all the +1's persuant to such status.

Turns out it's a way to tell people if you are an organ donor or not...

It's not a queuing mechanism for those who need organs to prioritize themselves based on # of friends or something equally ridiculous, but it's simply a status feature.

And here I was hoping a swat team would appear whenever I needed them...

Turns out it's a way to tell people if you are an organ donor or not...

It's not a queuing mechanism for those who need organs to prioritize themselves based on # of friends or something equally ridiculous, but it's simply a status feature.

And here I was hoping a swat team would appear whenever I needed them...

I'm a registered bone marrow doner, does that get me facebook points? If so I'd like to spend them on a button to disable timeline.

This is about the first good thing I've seen from facebook.

Since they have such a huge audience at least getting the word out in public is a good thing.

I have a friend who died while waiting for a heart, and another on the waiting list for a kidney.:D

what a damn joke....completely and utterly useless waste of time and energy.....you would do more good putting a pink goddamn ribbon bumper sticker on your car

Back