Things To Expect Shopping At A Microsoft Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
Team Coco has posted a list of things you can expect while shopping at a Microsoft store. My personal favorite:

The Store Randomly Shuts Down Once You Step Inside:
Don’t be surprised if while browsing the aisles of the Microsoft Store, the lights shut down, plunging the entire business into inky darkness. An eerie silence will descend, but whatever you do, don’t panic. Everything will reboot in ten minutes.

Attempting smug humor seems to have resulted in slight spins on old jokes and the addition of a comment about no one buying a Windows Phone that, ultimately, result in an article that just isn't very funny. Does anyone have a funny bone they can spare this guy?

Upgradeable hardware
Ram and hard drives at reasonable prices
Games
Video cards less then 3 revs old
Video cards period

Upgradeable hardware
Ram and hard drives at reasonable prices
Games
Video cards less then 3 revs old
Video cards period

Haha, those last two are pretty good. I saw an article about how they released the new Deus Ex on Mac and the comments were completely filled with, "well why doesn't it run(well) on my Mac??"

Shouldn't humor be at least a little bit based on reality? My Windows hasn't had shutdown problems ever, not even when running XP 10 years ago. On the flip side, I enjoy BF3, Skyrim, blurays and so on. I'd love to pay twice as much for my PC, and not be able to do basically anything I enjoy, but I think I'll just be 'stupid' and stay with MS.

Perpetuating old MS beliefs that Mac fanboys would love to keep alive; not my cup of tea, and lazy humor, I expect more from Coco.

#2 (ironically the one Steve quoted) seemed to really be the only funny one.

"will be free and clear of adoring masses of technologically-savvy consumers who respect and demand quality."

Really? Didn't realize that blindly drinking the koolaid meant you were savvy, or that expensive translates to quality.

#3 plays off the old stereotype that macs don't get viruses

#4 is kind of true, considering iPhones outsell by loads, moderately funny.

#5 Never experienced a genius bar, but customer service reps making barely more than minimum wage tend to think themselves way more advanced than anyone they're working with and are perpetually pissed off with the world that they're working that job... not microsoft exclusive.

Over all, Team Coco... not very funny to me. But then again, I find most late night talk show guys not very funny, if anything they're regurgitating jokes that writers throw to them and often look quite awkward while doing it.

Regarding a couple of them:

#3: As someone else said, old, mostly irrelevant stereotype. It amuses me when people talk about Apple having few viruses as if it's a good thing. All it means is that OSX is too irrelevant on the whole to develop viruses for. :p

#5: Same shit, different store. Apple "Geniuses" are no different.

#6: Not sure how this is even remotely related to Microsoft. More like computer hardware vendors in general. I also haven't seen many mail-in rebates for Microsoft software.

Overall, somewhat funny but kinda meh.

I think the only one that was even remotely funny was the one quoted by Steve.

I've got no problem "laughing at myself" so to speak in this context. It just wasn't very funny. It very much sounds like some troll post from an Apple user you're likely to find on any of the internet's millions of technology forums.

And basically nothing on that list has had any relevance for the last 10+ years. It's not even funny. It just shows how ignorant he is.

Looks like an Apple fanboy couldn't disguise his personal bias and delusion as a joke very well.

Attempting smug humor seems to have resulted in slight spins on old jokes and the addition of a comment about no one buying a Windows Phone that, ultimately, result in an article that just isn't very funny. Does anyone have a funny bone they can spare this guy?

I never thought he was funny. I thought top ten lists were Letterman's thing?

Want very funny, i was expecting better since ms does tend to give more material. This reads as a really angry mac fan, with little our no attempt at humor.

H-A H-A. Not even slightly funny. Sounds like hes a huge apple fanboy, i mean if you think tech savvy people go with apple you really are living in a different world. Oh and what is a "social award" guy.

I'd rather not be linked to the rest of the list... no reason to make an altegether unfunny list (other than the quote) rank higher on their site...

Just reading the comments here makes me refrain from clicking the link & giving him traffic revenue.

Is that what our pc's used to do? My memory is getting foggy and windows 98 was a long time ago...

Seen one of these for the first time in Houston last month. Looked like a decent place to me. people in there playing games on Surface, people playing games on pcs around the store and playing games on xboxes around the store.

Even had a section where they were doing hand-ons demos of windows 8. almost made me want to ask them for a demo just to see if they would show me anything new i didn't know about, but the sales person in that area was busy showing some other guy something so i just walked around some.

Just reading the comments here makes me refrain from clicking the link & giving him traffic revenue.

Well just to fill you everyone in, the comments section on the page is 90% thumbs down on the joke with most people realizing that this material is older than Abbott and Costello skits.

dangit, I ment to add its a stream off of facebook (the comments section) they would have to delete the storie to get rid of those.

And here I'm thinking there is an App for joke writing...apparently there isn't..

If you're referring to Conan, you do realize he didn't actually write this, right?

Yup. I was referring to the author of the piece. Nothing about it was funny.

Conan at least has something funny to say once a week. This guy didn't have a single funny thing in the whole "article" (list, piece, whatever) he wrote.

I've gone to the Valley Fair Microsoft Store (Santa Clara CA woot) several times. Never bought anything but it's a nice place to look around. They have a ton of different laptops, all with nice clean installs of Windows 7 to play with. They also have Windows phones people can play with, which is a rarity even around here. They had Kinect Star Wars hooked up the other day to their xbox360 demo setup.

It's not a bad place but the location (directly across from an Apple store) doesn't help it. The Apple store is always far more busy.

Hmm, Conan's team must be working on a time machine. Either it failed, and the jokes weren't sent back far enough, or it worked and we received something from a decade ago. I'm not sure which one is accurate.

Back