Guild Wars 2 Only getting 30FPS in 7970 TriFire

Marcdaddy

2[H]4U
Ok so i guess this game doesnt like tri-Fire, Im going to turn off everything and start with one card. Its showing small Gpu usage in Afterburner. FYI 2600K @ 4800Mhz and 8 gigs of ram, Windows 7 64 Ulitmate. Cat 12.4s and latest Cap.

The game isn't fully optimized yet imo. I'm getting similar performance with my 680.

And I quote:
Display: the graphics-settings slider has only a minor impact on performance at this time.
We are currently optimizing Guild Wars 2, making ongoing improvements to the game’s frame rate. Presently, the game is CPU-bound on most high-end systems, so lowering graphics settings or upgrading your video card may not have a large impact on performance.
On older or lower-end machines, it is recommended that you try disabling reflections to improve frame rate.

Ya lol, you know what im getting upto 90 Fps in the woods by myself, Fighting a big iceworm with a bunch of people was in the 40s to 60s. I will admit the game is playable at 30 Fps thou. Im glad i pre-bought it, More fun the Diablo3 i can tell you. When is this coming out?

Ya lol, you know what im getting upto 90 Fps in the woods by myself, Fighting a big iceworm with a bunch of people was in the 40s to 60s. I will admit the game is playable at 30 Fps thou. Im glad i pre-bought it, More fun the Diablo3 i can tell you. When is this coming out?

Some say mid-late June, while others say think 1-3 months later. I'm in the June camp :p

Toiwlee was streaming it on twitch with the slider set to performance, eye candy set to low, on an i7 OC to 5mghz and was getting 18fps max lol his gpu fans weren't even past 40%, worst optimization ever. The game needs alot of work before I pre order, its going to take much more than a beta key for me to plunk down $60, especially with D3 right around the corner.

Toiwlee was streaming it on twitch with the slider set to performance, eye candy set to low, on an i7 OC to 5mghz and was getting 18fps max lol his gpu fans weren't even past 40%, worst optimization ever. The game needs alot of work before I pre order, its going to take much more than a beta key for me to plunk down $60, especially with D3 right around the corner.

holy hell, that's just sad. how's the netcode?

But it's launching with no pvp :(

Ok so i guess this game doesnt like tri-Fire, Im going to turn off everything and start with one card. Its showing small Gpu usage in Afterburner. FYI 2600K @ 4800Mhz and 8 gigs of ram, Windows 7 64 Ulitmate. Cat 12.4s and latest Cap.

Like others have said, the game is horrbily unoptimized right now. I was pretty unimpressed by the beta, hopefully the final version has more polish. Also there is no CF or SLI support in the game yet, so additional GPU's doesn't help.

Two entirely different games and GW2 doesn't even have a release date yet.

I was running with the rig in my sig and I don't know exactly what my fps were, but I did not experience any significant slowdown unless there were a TON of people in the area. I thought it ran great for a beta. I've also seen plenty of vids of people running the game smoothly.

GW2 beta ran pretty smooth at the default settings but when you move the slider to the best appearance setting, the game took a terrible framerate hit, cutting framrates in half and would become choppy at times which really shouldn't be happening on high end hardware. The game just doesn't look that graphically complex to cause that much slowdown. I'm hopeful by the next beta weekend they'll have ironed out some performance bugs.

MMO often stress your hardware beyond any other games are able to.
GW2 is heavy on CPU I had 30-50fps on 5040x1050 with 6870/6850 crossfire but with a 4.7ghz cpu.
it did drop down to 15fps with 60people hammering a door in the WvsW pvp.
I used performance settings though.

for me it worked good for my demands.

I averaged around 40 FPS. The good thing though is that MMOs do not need 60+ FPS to run smooth, unlike first person shooters.

Back