House Approves CISPA Despite Last-Minute Push By Opponents

HardOCP News

[H] News
The U.S. House of Representatives approved CISPA by a vote of 248 to 168. :(

By a vote of 248 to 168, a bipartisan majority approved the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA, which would permit Internet companies to hand over confidential customer records and communications to the National Security Agency and other portions of the U.S. government. CISPA would "waive every single privacy law ever enacted in the name of cybersecurity," said Jared Polis, a Colorado Democrat, during today's marathon floor debate. "Allowing the military and NSA to spy on Americans on American soil goes against every principle this country was founded on."

I would say that this should wake people up and make them stand up to vote every single idiot who voted for this out of office. Unfortunately I know the american populace well enough to realize that they are too apathetic to care and are the real problem in this country.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

I still don't understand how having our private information on the internet and not in a lock-box or our own personal home changes the rules about privacy?

Fuck politics and fuck every self-serving asshole in DC.

I would say that this should wake people up and make them stand up to vote every single idiot who voted for this out of office. Unfortunately I know the american populace well enough to realize that they are too apathetic to care and are the real problem in this country.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Unfortunately the government run educational system is such a failure that the vast majority of this country is incredibly stupid, too stupid to be proactive in their future

I work with and talk to people all over the country and I'm convinced they are all fucking retarded. Maybe 1 in 100 can apply basic critical thinking.

The fact that I work in the financial services industry can probably explain this though...

But I digress, fuck politics and fuck every asshole in DC.

Unfortunately the government run educational system is such a failure that the vast majority of this country is incredibly stupid, too stupid to be proactive in their future

I work with and talk to people all over the country and I'm convinced they are all fucking retarded. Maybe 1 in 100 can apply basic critical thinking.

The fact that I work in the financial services industry can probably explain this though...

As an IT Professional who has worked in more business demographic sectors than I can remember at this point. I can confirm that the complete late of critical thinking is basically across the board. As a father of two, I spend a depressing amount of time teaching my kids how to actually think since the school system only teaches them how to smile and obey.

Reminds me of

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
--George Carlin

Just in case anyone is wondering... the only way to turn this country around is to take everyone in office right now... yes EVERYONE. And fire them.

Democrat/republican/whatever - I don't care about race, religion, background, or how many years experience. Get rid of every single worthless bastard and start fresh.

How could fresh blood POSSIBLY do any worse than what's going on now. Make lobbying illegal and then you might have a shot.

The problem with that is government is pretty much self governing, they'll NEVER make lobbying illegal, because they'll lose out that way. Only way that'll EVER happen is if there are more good eggs than bad, and it's laughable if anything think that's going to be true again.

Super Assassins, some one that'll just take out all of the politicians because they grew a conscience after their normal assassinations. Or something >.>

As an IT Professional who has worked in more business demographic sectors than I can remember at this point. I can confirm that the complete late of critical thinking is basically across the board. As a father of two, I spend a depressing amount of time teaching my kids how to actually think since the school system only teaches them how to smile and obey.
I think the more severe problem is that regardless of how dumb or intelligent the population is, there isn't a way to vote someone "out" without voting someone else "in." So until there are dozens of candidates that would be substantively different than the rest it's irrelevant whether the population is thinking critically.

Usually when it's bipartisan, it's either COMPLETELY trivial (congratulating a college football team...) or something REALLY BAD. If both Dems and Repubs can't find a problem with it, it's equally screwing everybody.

Also, is there a list of who voted for what anywhere? I need to know who I'm voting for next election, and who I'm voting against.

what kind of representatives do you expect if all people are interested in during an election campaign is who is the most pious follower of jesus and who has the most perverted sex scandals. that guy is put in the white house as a puppet leader while everyone around him is either bought by the national rifle association ("mah gun and mah iphone is all i need in mah u.s. of a") or corporations. panem et circenses. and a gun. and a random cop a feel on your balls by a tsa officer. and this is still considered a democracy lol.

Well from the governments point of view the education system is working perfectly, making the upcoming populace so dumb they don't have to worry about them rebelling or even making a fuss when more freedom is taken away.

I saw the movie "Rollerball" this past weekend, and James Cahn had a great line that totally sums up what is happening today;

"They offered the people comfort or freedom, and they chose comfort."

what kind of representatives do you expect if all people are interested in during an election campaign is who is the most pious follower of jesus and who has the most perverted sex scandals. that guy is put in the white house as a puppet leader while everyone around him is either bought by the national rifle association ("mah gun and mah iphone is all i need in mah u.s. of a") or corporations. panem et circenses. and a gun. and a random cop a feel on your balls by a tsa officer. and this is still considered a democracy lol.

Until Americans (I am one) stop clinging to their bibles politics will not work.

If you believe in magic and zombies you are not intelligent or mentally stable enough to be in charge of anything remotely important, like the country.

Also, fuck politicians.

Not so worried about the NSA portion of this bill, because lets be honest them fuckers will wiretap and listen to everything we do regardless of law. Its the "other government agencies" part that worries me.

248 House Reps need to be voted out of office next election.

They are unamerican.

EACH ONE OF US, must vote to remove ALL of those 248 reps. This means YOU. This means even if the guy/gal is from your own political party... even if you thought you liked them. You can't say, "this one is my own rep, let someone else vote their rep out, I'm ok with my guy." You cannot do this.

This issue is absolute. If you want your life invaded without protection under the law, do nothing.

The reps who voted for this must go. It does not matter why they supported it. Ignorance or intentional makes no matter they are not fit to sit their seat in the House. This is WHY they are there. And they failed.

The terrorists are us. The war on terrorism is a war on us. Now you know. They use our money and fellow citizens to do it. Remember this all goes back to nine 11 and their 'story' of how it happened was a fictional story. They have successfully used that fals flag event to exploit our fears for eleven years now. Fearful people are easy to control and oppress!! Don't be afraid and you are free.

They are unamerican.

EACH ONE OF US, must vote to remove ALL of those 248 reps. This means YOU. This means even if the guy/gal is from your own political party... even if you thought you liked them. You can't say, "this one is my own rep, let someone else vote their rep out, I'm ok with my guy." You cannot do this.

This issue is absolute. If you want your life invaded without protection under the law, do nothing.

The reps who voted for this must go. It does not matter why they supported it. Ignorance or intentional makes no matter they are not fit to sit their seat in the House. This is WHY they are there. And they failed.
except we can't vote people "out"

so who do you propose we vote "in" who wouldn't have voted for this?

^ I agree 100%

I want my liberties back! Fuck democrats. Fuck Republicans.

Ron Paul or Gary Johnson!

Join the Liberty Movement!!!

At this point, I think the only hope is that this crap continues to happen to a point where people finally wake up and realize how bad it is that rights are constantly being stripped away. A civil war is needed over this crap. The US government needs to be completely overturned.

Even if Ron Paul was to make it, the president is just a puppet. It's the rest of the government that needs to be replaced. While we're at it the MPAA, RIAA and all those big copyright agencies need to be completely destroyed too. Clean out the entire operation, start fresh.

At this point, I think the only hope is that this crap continues to happen to a point where people finally wake up and realize how bad it is that rights are constantly being stripped away. A civil war is needed over this crap. The US government needs to be completely overturned.

Even if Ron Paul was to make it, the president is just a puppet. It's the rest of the government that needs to be replaced. While we're at it the MPAA, RIAA and all those big copyright agencies need to be completely destroyed too. Clean out the entire operation, start fresh.

WOLVERINES!!!!

Except there is no red enemy. The real enemy is in Washington and they are far more deadly than any Russians.

THE REAL ISSUE is that Washington is not the only problem.

What about the corrupt news organizations?

What about the corrupt corporations?

The entire country is a mess of corruption just like the rest of the world.

In order to change anything we would need to destroy everything.

Great, now we are all on even more government watch lists.

What good is free speech when you are afraid to say anything for fear of the repercussions?

I can say I am genuinely afraid that the federal government will alter my life for the worse just for commenting on fucking [H] Articles.

*puts on tinfoil hat, over top of the tinfoil hat he was already wearing.*

WOLVERINES!!!!

Except there is no red enemy. The real enemy is in Washington and they are far more deadly than any Russians.

THE REAL ISSUE is that Washington is not the only problem.

What about the corrupt news organizations?

What about the corrupt corporations?

The entire country is a mess of corruption just like the rest of the world.

In order to change anything we would need to destroy everything.

Yes all this is a problem. But if the government could be replaced with people who actually care about the people, not corporations, hopefully all this corruption could be ended.

Of course, there are better chances for Bin Laden to show up to shore in undead form driving the Titanic, than for the US government to stop being corrupt and letting corporate corruption control everything.

And now that I think about it, that would make an awesome movie.

I'm curious to know what kind of bullshit riders were attached to this in order to get all the yes votes.

Majority of Republicans voted yes while Democrats voted no. Makes no sense.

all the same just different names
also party lines Obama threatened to veto so the dems are following for the most part

They are unamerican.

I agree with the rest of your posting. I would like to say that the moment someone throws the term "unamerican" about, you make yourself look like an idiot. Because idiots make use of that term, exclusively.

I don't believe you are an idiot. Your post was great. But this whole "unamerican" thing has to stop. Those assholes who voted for this did so out of greed, self-interest or a combination of the two. That by itself is NOT atypical of the American character.

I hate that label with everything in me. You can disagree and fight, but stripping a person of their nationality to make a point is plain stupid. Please stop that. Thank you and no hard feelings.

Back