Steve Jobs Wanted To BE Willy Wonka

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is no way a story this insane can be true. If it is, why couldn't they let him take this one to the grave? :eek:

Steve had already instructed his internal creative group to design a prototype golden certificate, which he shared with us. But the killer was that Steve wanted to go all out on this. He wanted to meet the lucky winner in full Willy Wonka garb. Yes, complete with top hat and tails.

It's an interesting story. I doubt most of it's true (or any of it, even), but I can understand the allure in being a Willy Wonka-type figure...in some respects.

Would have been pretty funny, IMO. I don't really think it's something to bash Steve Jobs about when there are plenty of other things he did that are more than bash-worthy. :p

Apple products don't have to have a point. That's why their Apple products.

Well, at least we know now why workers were jumping off the roof at foxconn. The orange suit was just one abuse too many.:D

The man was pure evil and insane it is 100% true.,

Image+%3D+steve_jobs_evil.jpg

Yeah showing people around a factory full of suicidal Chinese probably isn't as appealing as Willy Wonka's.

...Am I the only one who finds the idea utterly awesome?

Applephiles are devoted to a point beyond reason, so by dressing up as Willy Wonka its kind of a parody of itself; people obsessed with the silly products and figure head meet him in person and its overblown a silly.

Personally I find the idea awesome, and I'm sure as hell not a fan of (Steve Jobs') Apple. That said, I hope this wasn't posted in some form of malice as a lot of HardOCP topics relating Apple tend to be. The mans dead, it seems a tad tasteless to insult a (somewhat recently) deceased icon, regardless if you like him or not.

...Am I the only one who finds the idea utterly awesome?

Applephiles are devoted to a point beyond reason, so by dressing up as Willy Wonka its kind of a parody of itself; people obsessed with the silly products and figure head meet him in person and its overblown a silly.

Personally I find the idea awesome, and I'm sure as hell not a fan of (Steve Jobs') Apple. That said, I hope this wasn't posted in some form of malice as a lot of HardOCP topics relating Apple tend to be. The mans dead, it seems a tad tasteless to insult a (somewhat recently) deceased icon, regardless if you like him or not.

I find the idea hilarious. Do you really think people would buy more laptops because of a one off chance to tour Apple and meet the man? I dont. Apple Zealots surprise me every turn of the corner though.

I was thinking, this is just plain retarded. The guy's dead... so who cares? But then I saw Lancer's picture. Awesome.

I actually think it's fairly funny, and honestly, I find it comforting when CEOs show themselves to be human in spite of the best efforts of the PR departments.

Would've been an awesome idea.

Sad that california law killed it because of the 'No Purchase Necessary' clause.

Back