CM QuickFire Pro Mechanical Keyboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a fan of mechanical keyboards you will definitely want to check out this review of the CM QuickFire Pro posted at Overclockers Club today.

Having been on the market for almost a month now and at my hands for a week or so, let's get a closer look at what makes the CM Storm QuickFire Pro so special, and help you decide if it shall be showing up on your doorstep anytime soon.

IMHO having only light on the gaming keys seems pretty lame. All of the keys should be illuminated uniformly. Perhaps a switch to change the color of the gaming keys would be better. Just a quick though though, who actually looks at the keyboard when they're gaming (hunt and peck counterstrike anyone???)

Their fully lit Trigger only is like $20 more, then again this one's a cheap as any other 104 key mechanical so... I still like the Rosewill better, you can get it for $80-90 with a discount pretty often and it looks cleaner (also readily available in every switch type).

Doesn't this use PCB mounted wwitches and Cherry Corp. key stabalizers?

They do. I believe it is called the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid.

I have 2 of those already but I want one with LEDs :mad: , im a sucker for LED boards even though I never look at my keys I just like the way they look. An all red LED tenkeyless mechanical would be sweet.

Better than nothing I suppose :/ most LED mechs are OP'd

I dunno, their own Trigger with full lighting is only $20 more, a K90 is $10 more than that (less on sale, mine was like $80)... A Ducky Shine is $142-$150 plus shipping but its probably worth it if you really want a more plain design.

Too much flair on Corsair, I like the simplicity of the CM Storm (sans logos).

Its good to see that they continue to make the most god awful looking keyboards on the market.

Can you get the Storm Trigger anywhere right now? Haven't been able to find it in stock anywhere.

I just bought this yesterday. Should be arriving in the mail tomorrow.

I have been using the same cheapo logitech multi-media board (was part of a mouse/kb duo for 22$) for the past 6 years or so. The lettering on the keys have worn off. I also do a lot of gaming in the dark and wanted a back-light. I thought this was a good compromise as it was 40-50 bucks cheaper than the alternatives.

I am excited to try it as I haven't used a mechanical keyboard in forever. The only thing I am wondering about is a wrist rest. This does not have one and so I may buy one later.

Or you will find out who is a closet gamer... Even better, it might be an in-law. Father-in-Law if you are hella lucky.

So I now have this keyboard, however, it seems to be doa. I restarted the computer to see if that would help, but my computer won't even boot with the keyboard attached.

When I disconnected the board, the computer finally booted. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a driver issue? I did not think I needed a drive for this (one didn't even come with it).

I would think that if the computer will not even boot with it installed you're probably going to have to RMA it. It happens, I picked up a fancy mouse recently (Corsair Vengeance M60 Mouse) and it showed lights but nothing else on three computers. Fry's was nice about the return for another, but the tech plugged it into two of thier machines just to see it...

See update below!

So I now have this keyboard, however, it seems to be doa. I restarted the computer to see if that would help, but my computer won't even boot with the keyboard attached.

When I disconnected the board, the computer finally booted. Anyone know of a solution? Is this a driver issue? I did not think I needed a drive for this (one didn't even come with it).

edit: Got it to work! The board comes with a detachable usb cord. You really have to push the connection in until you hear an audible click. Otherwise it is not connected properly. So be sure to push it in pretty good.

i actually ordered a cm qf pro from amazon but it said it wouldnt ship for 2-4 weeks. i was planning to wait until i ran across this company that launched last month www.maxkeyboard.com

i think i might go for the x8 instead of the cmstorm because i really think the partial led thing will piss me off in the future when more and more mech keyboards will be fully lit.

i got this keyboard. its alright im not too impressed. its raised too high up imo

Back