Mom Uses Facebook To Discipline Daughter

HardOCP News

[H] News
It sure seems like a lot of people are trying to use Facebook as a parenting tool these days. Public shaming FTW!

The Akron mother created a Facebook profile picture showing her daughter with a red "X" across her mouth, followed by the words: "I do not know how to keep my (mouth shut). I am no longer allowed on Facebook or my phone. WKYC's Eric Mansfield reports.

Dear Steve,
Please start filtering what you call "news" so we don't have to discipline you.

Lots of [H]
-lilfiend

My question is, what did she actually do? The site gives very little information.

The site was HORRIBLY written. My brain hurts reading it.

Yeah. I'm all for this kind of punishment if it warrants it but frankly we don't even really know if what she did/said justifies this.

Well, based on what the mother wrote on her daughters page she either was cussing a lot or told daddy that mommy was cheating on him with the gardener.

That or she just kept running her mouth when told to be quiet...some women never learn... :p

Facebook, takes place of a good ole spanking. Go figure. Wonder when home wrecking service will get involved and say Facebook punishment is unjust discipline?

Facebook, takes place of a good ole spanking. Go figure. Wonder when home wrecking service will get involved and say Facebook punishment is unjust discipline?

Maybe between the time it takes daddy to reload his gun with hollow points and start putting them in daughter's laptop again. :D

Orrrr you can just not visit the site or click the link on articles that don't interest you. ;/

Pretty apt reasoning on the parent's part. If everyone can see your remarks made towards your provider they can also see your shame as well. Tame and effective use of perspective.

I support this woman and what she did. Kudos to her for using modern tools for an age old problem --- your kids disrespecting and using profane language towards you in front of their friends.

I was referring to Facebook Dad, the guy who recently shot his daughter's laptop and posted that on YouTube.

Don't worry, I got your joke. I chuckled for a bit as well. Maybe they can be the first Modern Family, just without the gay uncles. =)

Don't worry, I got your joke. I chuckled for a bit as well. Maybe they can be the first Modern Family, just without the gay uncles. =)

The gay uncles are epic comedy, you have to have the gay uncles!

Link shows me a video on teen driving dangers, like it's news that teens crash cars because they're teens.

Oh? I must have missed that one. My bad!

Haha, it raised a bit of a shitstorm among [H] users. Everyone became expert parental therapists within minutes and made all sorts sweeping assumptions about the father and the daughter and gun safety in general. I'm surprised you missed out on the fun, hehe.

Haha, it raised a bit of a shitstorm among [H] users. Everyone became expert parental therapists within minutes and made all sorts sweeping assumptions about the father and the daughter and gun safety in general. I'm surprised you missed out on the fun, hehe.

Actually it was more like a bunch of users equated shooting the laptop to threatening the daughter with a gun. Except she wasn't even there when the laptop was shot...

You go mom. Kids these days dont know what respect is and yes kids do infact disrespect their parents infront of their friends.

+1 for the mom in doing this.

Back